Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decided to treat myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to treat myself...

...to some new gear in my shop. I've been using the steel grinder for everything, and I'm tired of it. It's loud, leaves a lot of dirt/residue everywhere, and although I'm good with it the cuts just aren't a perfect 90 degree angle. So, time to get some power tools. I've been ogling this one for a while, and really like Bosch's professional series so far, so this was an easy choice. It's a metal cut-off saw. Not cheap, but I think it's gonna pay off. Will be able to fabricate better and faster from now on

The DHL delivery

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bosch-0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	631.4 KB ID:	859250

The tool

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bosch-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	362.7 KB ID:	859249

From the side

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bosch-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	859251

Last edited by Henrik; June 9, 2020, 07:33 AM.

Chop, chop! Looks great!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Now we need some action shots with sparks a flying!

Ooh! Nice!

Comment

Awesome! My chop saw is one of the most used and versatile tools in my shop. Second only to the table saw. Congrats. Now make some dust!! πŸ‘

Comment

So, what will this new toy inspire you to build?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          No idea yet, but it's good to have!

​​​​​​Nice tool! FWIW, I recently bought a pretty inexpensive tool that you mount your angle grinder in and it converts it to a cutoff saw. With proper set up it makes pretty good 90Β° and 45Β° cuts in angle iron, flat stock and some square tube if the dimension isn't too big. Capacity is obviously limited due to the small diameter of the cut off wheels. Do far it has worked well for my purpose. I bought a pretty inexpensive Bosch corded angle grinder which I keep permanently mounted in it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	61454_400x400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	859266
        Last edited by Dewesq55; June 9, 2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik - I totally get it. I would be the same way, which is why I bought a dedicated grinder to stay in the tool. By the way, I'm totally envious of your Bosch. I'm certain that it's an awesome tool. Way too rich for my blood, though. Particularly for, what for me, is a part time hobby. I'm sure you will get your money's worth out of it. I never would.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Two grinders - smart! I didn't think of that.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure I have 4, if you count the vacation house. LOL! 3 corded and 1 cordless. I love my cordless Ridgid. It's great for use outdoors.

Waiting patiently for the next 3AM idea that popped into your head to be come reality !!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Comment

Let the sparks fly!

Comment

Nice choice, with the amount of metal work you do this will make doing cuts a snap.
            ….cut now to Tim Allen man grunts....Where do you go for tools???? SEARS....damn right....

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              There's more for your LIFE at Sears.

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Good, Better, Best........Gone

Let's cut to the Chase and say you saw this coming.
            Very usefull bit of equipment.

Comment

I had to look up and see if it uses a cut off disc or a saw blade. The slower saw blades are excellent for cutting metal cleanly. The chop saw with cut off disc on the other hand is a different story. Noisy,, dirty, sparks n dust I hate em. I use a " grinder with cutt off disc for most of my cutting. Have about 300 new cut off discs in stock.
              I use nearly all De Walt

Comment

Oh yea, new tools, new toys....just don't shoot your eye out !!!

Comment

I had a job as a metal framer helping build a hospital about 22yrs ago right out of high school. Only did it for about a year until I found a job doing drywall and insulation that paid more and was much closer. Anyway, I enjoyed running the chop saw, they make quick work of lots of cutting. Something manly and tough about feeling the sparks on your bare arms. I too can't wait to see your next creation.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Novelty of a chopsaw wears off after a few years. Still hear that sound they make when I am trying to sleep.

I would just hurt myself...

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I cut a guys finger off years ago while using a wood docking saw. (Wasn't intentional). Sucked digging around in the sawdust for bits of bone n finger.

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahumadora - Ouch! Are you sure it wasn't intentional???πŸ€”

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahumadora, that would be me with something like this.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis