Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID - Que

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID - Que

The hospital my wife works at is not traditionally a "sick" hospital, but rather it's a rehab hospital in Grand Rapids, MI. While they've had a COVID unit for some time, I believe they get looked over as front line nurses. So, a couple of weeks ago, I took it upon myself to bring some que to them. I fired up the Grilla Silverbac and cooked up one of the Butcher Shoppe's A9 briskets, a pork butt, tater salad, chips, rolls and cookies for her entire floor. They were pretty stoked about it! Unfortunately in the hustle of it all I did not take but two pictures....and they aren't great, but here they are anyways. It felt pretty good I must say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200424_072602.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	858740Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200424_183023.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	858741

That brisket looks awesome!

Comment

You’re a good man for doing that for them.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I’m sure they enjoyed a great bbq meal! - but most of all, thank you for sharing your kindness and showing those working how much you care!

Comment

Good work! Mebbee only two pics, but #2 is outstanding.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
              BigCountryQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! That was the first time I through a Wagyu brisket on the Pellet Pooper. It did not suck! I'd love to through my next one (waiting in the freezer) on my newly acquired PBC!

Having spent most of March in the hospital for surgery for a broken hip, what you did is fantastic for the staff.
            Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 8, 2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
              BigCountryQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I hope you are recovering and doing well. I also hope the hospital staff was good to you. I know some of my wife's patients (spinal cord injuries) were happy just to see people, if only it was staff.

That's a very nice thing to do.

Comment

That was a wonderful, generous, kind, an carin thing to do, Brother!
              Literally jus got offa th phone with one my younger brothers, who lives in Grand Rapids...

Comment

• BigCountryQ
                BigCountryQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Beer City USA! If you ever come to visit him, I'd love to buy you a beer Amigo!

Thanks for doing that.

Comment

Let me know if you get the hankerin' to bring one of these bad boys up to Clare.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
                  BigCountryQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was just through Clare last week. I honked for you lol. We run through there on our way to our cabin in the U.P. or for Jay's Sporting Goods. Same also goes for you. If you're in GR, I'd love to buy you a beer.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MrMisunderstood I heard you! My nephew and his fam, who's a member here but not active, live in Rockford and when we visited them couple yrs ago I took my family to Two Scotts BBQ. I don't remember much but it was good anyway, in case you find yourself near there. Would love to grab a beer with you.

Very nice! My craving for brisket just went plaid.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis