Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As yall go bout yer Sattiday, an weekend, enjoyin yer personal triumphs, or facin down yer personal / family issues, demons, etc., I wish each an everybody alla th best, from my heart, an soul!

Please, do try an take even a brief moment to commemorate th Epic, an Remarkable Events that took place 76 years ago, an honour th courage an sacrifice of them what made today possible, fer alla us.

Thanks, preciate it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	858046

Name:	ww2-eisenhower-d-day-order-l.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	858047

Name:	CMA_Neuville02.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	858048

Light th fires, roll dat smoke, an enjoy th Sweet Taste of Freedom, Brothers an Sisters...

A toast most likely wouldn't be overkill, on this occasion...

Amen and Thank you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      DPR sightin lol!
      Among my most fave movies!

Yes, thank you.

Comment

i am guessing your Dad landed at Normandy. My Dad didn’t fight in World War II, but he did build those Higgins boats that landed at Normandy.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        In my eyes, yer Dad fought WW2, same as my Da did in th PTO, Brother.
        He jus fought it from LA.
        Without them Higgins Boats, we'da lost. Flat out.

Friend of mine, since passed, "Spin" Williams, agonized fer decades over th fact that he enlisted, an spent WWII as a Supply Clerk in NJ.
        After he had told me this, I posed th question: "Spin, without beans, bullets, rations, gasoline...", etc., ad infinitum...
        "..Jus how th Hail could we have won WWII?"

He died proud & content with what he had done.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 7, 2020, 10:36 PM.

Thanks, bro ... if dad were still around, I’d be sure to share ...

Comment

Thank you Mr. Bones, my dad didn't land he went Pacific way, but I had two uncles that did.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I salute his memory, my Pa was in th PTO, as well...his older brother was Navy, his BIL was a baker aboard th USS Alabama...

Mr. Bones,
        Great post! A heartfelt a thank you to our greatest generation. I had the privilege/honor to visit the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer. Extremely somber place.
        The posting of the "SHAEF" certificate was really awesome and thank you again.
        My father fought in WWII in the Pacific theater and got his baptism under fire on that fateful Sunday morning of 7 December at Hickam.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Bless yer Father, an his sacrifices...
          That was dang dang certain no good place to be, 07DEC41...
          Hickam got hit hard...

Thanks Mr. Bones great post!
        Years ago i was at the Airborne museum at Arnheim Netherland.. and the warcementary..
        That was a strong experience.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, Market Garden was a bold venture that didn't really reap th Allies anything but casualties, sadly.
          I can only imagine yer experience there, Elton, as I am feelin it, from here where I sit...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 7, 2020, 05:46 PM.

Many thanks fer yer heartfelt wishes, sharin of yer Family stories, etc. Warms my heart, an broadens my WW II knowlegebase.

LA Pork Butt Nossir, Brother, jus wanted fer folks to remember a day, when 10,000 Allied casualties happened, over 2.500 dead. One Day...

My pa served in th PTO; he was in th 119th, then 130 SRIC, neither of which actually 'existed', at th time, but were Declassed, a few years back. Stateside, they were actually issued emblems fer an Armoured Division....
        Super Top Secret stuff, at th time, fer good reason.

They intercepted, decrypted Japanese radio signals. Also triangulated sources of any given signals, usin directional finder equipment, map, an slide rule.

They were never recognized, before most all had passed. All that was / has ever been said is that without them, WWII in th PTO woulda been lost, no small claim to posthumous fame.

Lifelong avid WWII scholar here, registered researcher at th Library of Congress, NARA, etc.

What? Gotta do summat, waitin fer my brisky to git done, right?
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 7, 2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Anybody might be interested, my dear friend, Jake might be worth a read...can start here, chase down from there.
          He was a glorious bastard, a fierce warrior, an among th world's best at oratin his story, in a self-minimalizin fashion...
          He, an his wife Martha always treated me like Royalty, an embarrassed me, by claimin I was a hero....how utterly absurd, in my eyes.

Comment

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones
            I went thru CGSC as a Navy guy in 91-92. Mr. McNiece was a guest speaker at one of my elective lectures. Fascinating gentleman.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm delighted that ya got to hear him, hopefully meet him.

'Fascinatin' def tends t'wards extreme understatement.

They certainly musta broke th mold...

I am deeply honoured to have had him as a Brother, an a Friend...

Plenty vids on YouToob, fer them what didn't have th pleasure to experience him, in person...

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            @Mr. Bones
            Yes, we did get to meet him. Luckily that class only had 12 or 13 students. Most likely the best 2 hours spent during the entire 9 months at CGSC.
            His message has stuck with me to this day.
            You sir are one lucky person to have been able to call him a Brother/Friend/Soldier in Arms. My hat is tipped to both of you.

Thank you...

Comment

Nicely done, Bones, lest we forget.

Comment

Thank you! My father was is the Pacific battling the Japanese, lost his brother in in Europe. But I do not know which battle it was. My small town (350 population) had 6 young men loose there lives in WWII. My father did not like to talk about his time in service very much, it was a dark time in his life and he did not like to re-live it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                My eternal gratitude to yer Pa fer his sacrifices, an Service.
                Was he a Marine?

• Oakgrovebacon
                Oakgrovebacon commented
                Editing a comment
                He was In the Army. I extend a thank you for your service also.

Thank you for the reminder Mr. Bones .

Comment

Great post Sir Bones. We all need something to keep us strong and uplifted in these times. 👊👊

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis