Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all back after a long absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all back after a long absence

Hi,
    I am one of the founding members and i have been away for a long time. Well, I am back and ready to smoke some St. Louis ribs.
    In my absence the structure of the site has changed. In the old days (if I can call it that) The recipes were grouped together. Now it appears that they may be scattered through out the forum sections. Am I wrong about that? Is there an easy to see what recipes might be out there?
    Many Thanks!

Mike welcome back. No go to the free side and they are there under there own category Tested Recipes.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 1, 2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome back!

Are you referring to the recipes channel here in the forums? If so, we have redesigned the main Channels page (far left menu bar item) to be much simpler and far less to scroll though. Clicking that you'll notice the main headings are yellow font in a red background, with a brief description. The yellow font in the headings is clickable. For the Recipes & Food section, simply click the Recipes, Technique, Food, Cooking heading and that will take you to the list of its associated sub-channels: beef, pork , chicken, desserts, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Channels page recipes.JPG Views:	0 Size:	142.5 KB ID:	855689

It will then take you to the sub-headings under Recipes, Food, Technique, Cooking. That way you can scroll through only the channels you need on each screen instead of every single channel all on one endlessly long landing page as it was previously.

Click image for larger version

Name:	channels recipes 2.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	855691

Comment

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee won't my way get him to the written recipes better. Your way gets him to all the discussion of that meat. Like for Pork over 2350 topics and 35272 posts.
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 1, 2020, 07:41 PM.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        mountainsmoker It depends on which 'recipes' he's referring to- here in the forum or the tested recipes from the public site. I did ask if he's referring to the discussions here. Just offering this in case it's what he meant.

Of course I am a member. How or were do I get to the "Tested Recipes"

Thanks!

Comment

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike do what i instructed you. Free Site - Tested Recipes from there you can do a search or just skim for what you want.

AH, now I understand. So on the member side the recipes are spread out through the appropriate forum then?

Many, Many,
      Thanks

Comment

Welcome back to The Pit Mike.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis