Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the BBQ community boycott Weber?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Please refrain from political discussions. Gotta close this one down folks.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    ibtl

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    I am sure that would **hurt** the Chinese economy not at all even if Weber sales went to zero. If (and I am not agreeing this is a good idea) a boycott of Chinese imports made sense you'd want to start at the highest value of those imports. We import more than 500 Billions dollars worth of CHinese goods each year. in 2018 the main exports were electrical machinery ($152 billion), machinery ($117 billion), furniture and bedding ($35 billion), toys and sports equipment ($27 billion), and plastics ($19 billion).

China exports more USB cables (in terms of sales) to the US than Weber has in TOTAL worldwide sales.

So while I COMPLETELY AGREE WE SHOULD NOT DO POLITICS HERE I also think we shouldn't beat ourselves up over buying whatever goods we want. That said my decision to buy a Yoder was certainly influenced by the fact that most of it was made in the USA. But if you look very hard everything you see probably has some Chinese components including whatever you are using to read this...

As for me I hope for better relationships internationally

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    ..."add grist to the mill for anti Chinese/Covid sentiments."
    And borderline racist.

• pkadare
    replied
    Politics are not allowed here. One of the reason this place is really unique on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Kirton
    started a topic Should the BBQ community boycott Weber?

Should the BBQ community boycott Weber?

As Weber BBQ's I believe are made in China, should our community boycott Weber until they return manufacture to the USA?

This may show solidarity to the people of Hong Kong and add grist to the mill for anti Chinese/Covid sentiments.

I ask this as a dedicated Weber customer but some world issues cannot be ignored.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis