Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustrated rant about GBS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated rant about GBS...

This is something where I would really like an official statement from Weber-hq:

Who came up with the design of the GBS-grates for the Genesis E-330 and S-330?

This is a grill that is perfect for two-zone-grilling: Left hot, right warm. There is even a sear-burner on the left side, indicating that someone at Weber really understood this geometry.

Now, for 2015, they decided to extend the GBS-accessories to the big gassers, and what do they do? Put the hole in the middle. Should I cook half of my veggies while the other half stays cold? This makes as much sense as cooking with an open grill. Even worse are things when it comes to their so-called sear grate: The GBS-seargrate is in the middle, while the sear-burner for additional heat is on the left side. In Germany, we call this "decisions from the green table". It translates badly, but you probably get the meaning...

Even when I decide to ignore GBS-accessories, I have a disadvantage: All the accessories for the Genesis-line like the smoker-box with shorter grate, the cast-iron-halfgrate etc. can no longer be mounted, because you leave a big hole in the middle of the grill.

If anyone from Weber reads this:

With this design, you achieved two results:

1.) I will not buy any GBS-accessories, because they make no sense with the current grate-design.

2.) I will not buy dedicated Genesis-accessories, because they no longer fit onto the 2015-grill.

Of course, you are entitled to build your own product-strategie. But I am entitled to buy my accessories elsewhere, and I am in the middle of the process.

Ok, dear people at Amazin ribs, am I right? Am I wrong? Tell me. In the german BBQ-forum, I have not yet found anyone who likes the new grate-design on the Genesis or the Spirit...

Regards,

Detlev

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis