Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Truth About BBQ & Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth About BBQ & Grilling

I knew it!

Historians: Women Invented Grilling To Trick Men Into Cooking

So ya mean all of our roots come from Chicago? Oooooh, I have some serious mulling over to do.

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that doesn't sit well with me either, aside from the whole Weber HQ thing

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, not sorry.

"Women spent the time doing what they love most—cleaning the kitchen, changing diapers, and generally doing all the chores while also taking care of the kids."

I don't remember my wife ever saying she loves that stuff!!!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, don’t blame me man. I just posted it.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Reminds me of the old Tim Allen routine, "Don't ohhh me, I didn't invent them. I just had the lack of class to bring it up." 😉

No way I'm stepping into this. Quick Sand. Once in you'll never get out. Think I'll go Q something.

Comment

seems legit...

Comment

The only thing that matters here is that ecowper started this post no matter his denials. I wonder if his wife knows, probably not. And what happens when his daughter finds out he started this. She is an up & coming Pit person and her dad is causing riffs in the community. Some sort of punishment is due. The jury will have to give this great consideration.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife said everything but the bit about the other chores is 100% true

Sounds like they didn't know the definition of "misandry" let alone how to spell it. It's a fine thing than they finally realized their men were better at some things than they were. I'll duck now and leave the room quietly.
        Last edited by wu7y; May 28, 2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Ive been to Chicago on business at least 100 times in the past 10 years. Everytime I went I was greeted by smart, wholesome, salt of the earth, welcoming people! I love the city, and the women were extrodinarily intelligent. So I have no doubt that this article is 100% accurate. We've been duped people!!!! Thanks for the dupe ladies!!!!! I need to be tricked more often!
          Last edited by tenphases; May 28, 2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Joker.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	853461

Comment

But Men made it better.
              Don’t hate on me, it says so right in the text.
              Geeze Mrs. Darwin, I would imagine with an attitude like that Mr. Darwin was happy to cook out side.

Comment

ecowper You're a braver man than I. It's been nice reading your posts, and we'll all think nice thoughts about you. Well, most of us. Maybe. Did you say your wife was digging a new fish pond in the back yard?

Comment

Sorts like Huck Finn painting a fence, women started BBQing then the men wandered by....

Comment

I thank them for doing so. Otherwise, I woulda picked up under water basket weaving and who knows where that woulda taken me.......

Comment

• DesertRaider
                      DesertRaider commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Um, well, obviously underwater!

Little did they know men would then invent the stick burner, requiring us to sit around outside, drink beer and play with fire.
                    Last edited by Steve R.; May 29, 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Crap, thought I liked grilling. Outfoxed again

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis