Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 BBQ Hall of Fame Inductees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 BBQ Hall of Fame Inductees

Looks like Meathead will have to wait another year. He would have been one of my three inductees this year but it looks like the inductees are:

Joe Don Davidson, the founder of Oklahoma Joe smokers and winner of the Jack Daniels Championship
    Desiree Robinson from Cozy Corner BBQ in Memphis
    Aaron Franklin from Franklin Barbecue in Austin.

The 6 finalists who didn't make it were William "Bill" Arnold from Blues Hog, John Markus who started the BBQ Pitmasters show, Rodney Scott from Rodney Scott's bbq, Darren Warth who has won 5 world championships, Lee Ann Whippen who has been on a number of Food Network shows, and of course our own Meathead.

Which 3 would you have picked from the 9 finalists?

That was a pretty salty field for this year. I don't think you could have gone wrong by picking any combo of 3.

Comment

Sorry for Meathead. Not sure who's picking the winners but they have no idea. He's done more for helping ppeople make great BBQ than anyone else in America.

Comment

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree there. He has taken a legion of backyard bbqers and made us think we really know what we are doing! He has done for BBQ what America's Test Kitchen and Kenji Lopez-Alt did for home cooks.

Glad to see Aaron made it. Although, who has done more for BBQ and benefited thousands upon thousands of people, Aaron or Meathead? Hmmm.. There's always next year.

Comment

I am the Susan Lucci of BBQ> Maybe next year...

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't sweat it, at the end of the day actions are better than rewards.
          At least you don't have to dust another trophy.

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          For what it's worth you're still my hero😊.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I voted for you .... for some reason they seem to have misplaced my ballot

Meathead I dont get it. Thank you for all you do . You are in our hall of fame for sure!

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree.

Thanks to Meathead and this incredible site I've come down with MCS. Thank you?

Comment

Meathead your disappointment is felt throughout the community. Thank you for the work you do here. It is appreciated and valued.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis