Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'n Sear, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow 'n Sear, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pit...

Saturday I became the lucky recipient of the SnS thru a FB contest. The anticipation was killing me (i was a supporter of the KS) and i finally got to give it a solid trial run tonight. One rack of ribs, Memphis Dust, my sauce recipe and 6 hours and 39 minutes later... perfection. I struggled a bit with the initial temps (big ups to Pit Boss for giving me his number so i could text him like a lost toddler in the mall) but once she settled in, it was smooth sailing from there. I am a huge supporter of the PBC (i did 4 racks in there while the 1 in the SnS was running) but the SnS rivals it in the easy of use and taste. Also the charcoal consumption was astounding, one basket is still burning as we speak! this may be the best accessory you ever buy for a Weber Kettle.

Guys: get your wallets ready...

Congrats!

Comment

The Slow 'N Sear seems to encompass everything I like about the Smokenator but on steroids: with longer burn out of a single fill, 4-6X as much water capacity, easier installation, it accommodates larger chunks of wood (try fitting a fist-sized or larger chunk of wood through one of the holes of a Smokenator) and on top of all of that it piles the coals up close to the grate for a powerful area of concentrated heat for a really fast sear (can't do that with the Smokenator). Go to the Smokenator web site and read its sales pitch - it's very well done. The SnS simply does everything better and, whilst I haven't even had the pleasure of using this device yet, I've cooked enough on a kettle to know and see what it is capable of.

This device maximizes the capabilities of a kettle as a smoker. The only device that may exceed it is the 'Smoke EZ' but that product lacks the portability and price-point of the SnS or the Smokenator.

Comment

Shucks, guys. Thanks!

Those ribs look AMAZING.

Comment

The kids agreed that although the ribs tasted different, they definitely hung with the Pit Barrel'd stuff.

And I didn't tell them how I cooked them. They asked what was different. Those were the first non-Pit Barrel ribs in over 1.5 years.

Comment

Those ribs look delicious pittkappasig. Great job and congrats on the SnS! I'm almost ready to send cash for a bribe to get my SnS now....just kidding.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis