Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slowly Opening, But the One Thing I Wanted/Needed Open Now Is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowly Opening, But the One Thing I Wanted/Needed Open Now Is!

Ontario is opening much more slowly than the US and more slowly than most of the rest of Canada, which I'm ok with. The 2 things I really wanted opened were public boat launches (opened on the 14th, my boat is now on the lift!) and pet groomers. Groomers opened 2 weeks ago and I'm finally getting a very shaggy Golden groomed this morning. I'm sure that I'm a lot more thrilled than she will be, but she does love car rides so the 1/2 hour trip to the groomers will be a plus for her this morning. :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_143043.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	852167

I need an optometrist, my work glasses fell apart yesterday

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      My sister-in-law is an Optometrist and I could not believe they deemed her practice non-essential while the hardware/garden centers were allowed to stay open. They lost a lot of business to on-line retailers and she said especially for contact wearers that there could be some negative effects because the on-line places weren't requiring up to date scrips in light of optometry places being closed. Hope you get your glasses replaced soon! I got eye surgery last year thankfully

• andy.wpg
      andy.wpg commented
      Editing a comment
      Here in Manitoba, liquor and weed stores were kept open, optometrists were not. Go figure.

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to get some new glasses as well. I need my prescription updated and I have this problem with them sliding down my nose and pushing my mask down. Which then causes me to touch my glasses and my mask. Ugh.

I immediately stopped wearing my contacts when all this started.

I put them back in a week ago. I won’t order online. I’ll always go to my Doc.

Comment

I bought some clippers and tried my hand at DIY dog grooming on our two. I don't think I have a future in that business, but I got the job done well enough to hold them over til when they could go to the real groomer.

Comment

Enjoy the openings and continue to be safe.

Comment

Bald as I am I still need a barber. It’s getting ugly🤣

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Second that on the barber. Now where is my headband and bellbottoms?

• TheQuietOne
            TheQuietOne commented
            Editing a comment
            My hair has this funny curl in front that I can't do anything with other than wearing a baseball cap. Not that I mind wearing a baseball cap, but I was raised that you take your hat off inside and I still follow that rule. Even hat hair doesn't mash down that silly curl.

I hope the barber never opens, wife cut my hair twice now and cash went into secret mcs fund!

Comment

• Argoboy
            Argoboy commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife has been cutting my hair for years, I never liked going to the barber either.

I don’t really care what opens as long as it gets everyone out of the hardware and home improvement stores! Around here they are usually ghost towns but they’ve been jam packed since this all kicked off. By my third trip to the plumbing section in one day, my patience with the gawkers is usually running mighty thin.

Comment

And done, no more curly dog, and nice neat paws! She was a bit late for lunch :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	curlsgone.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	852341Click image for larger version

Name:	feetcleanedup.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	852340

Comment

Our two small dogs, and my kids very LARGE dogs have not been groomed in a few months now.

Based on the amount of golden retriever hair and husky/shephard mix hair clogging up the drain and skimmer basket on my pool today, you would think the kids would have taken home hairless dogs yesterday. I'm all for having my adult kids come visit, and I like their dogs well enough, but a pool full of dog hair for me to clean up - not so much! I blame it on the huskee/shephard mix more than the golden, as she is shedding her winter undercoat like mad still. But a lot of long golden hair was in the mix...

I agree that optometrists should be considered essential much more than many other things.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like they just need some brushes for those big dogs. I used to take a shedding blade to my GSD (R.I.P., Greta) every couple of days to manage the insane amount of shedding. I could just about fill up a plastic grocery bag if I let it go any longer than that. The other days, it was a regular brush and/or a vacuum cleaner attachment that had a beater brush in a small handheld unit.
                Last edited by Steve R.; May 26, 2020, 12:53 PM.

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve R. my daughter claimed she had brushed the husky mix with a brush called a Furminator the night before, and I ran my hand over her, and she looked pretty "shed free". Apparently not! I'm gonna get a brush to keep here, and run it over the big dogs myself when they show up to swim.

I'm giving serious consideration to becoming a hippie again. Time to get my freak back on !!!

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                You haven't changed a bit.....

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude....peace out!!!!

Last edited by Troutman; May 26, 2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Wowzers. that was a really nice treat!
                Thanks!

I went up to fish camp last week Weds-Sun with my dad and 2 of my sons. Then while we were gone our state extended the stay at home orders until June 12. In before the lock. Prior to that, motorized boats (gas or electric) were illegal.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Resist

...or claim to be the Governor's spouse

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                So, catch any minnows?

• TJMagneto
                TJMagneto commented
                Editing a comment
                Did they ban peddle boats too? You all are making us in Kalifornistan look pretty tame.

My daughter calls them Dr. Seuss toes when our golden's paws get to looking like that. This day was especially so after he had some fun running around the fresh cut grass.
              Attached Files

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                That is awesome! Beautiful dog!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis