Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.99#.... sweet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.99#.... sweet!!!

Been working long hours, am a bit worn out, and didn't put a thing on the HB this weekend. Didn't even make it out for groceries till just a bit ago. The good news...

Butcher- "What can I get for you?"
    Me- "Those back ribs sure look like beautiful Short Ribs."
    Butcher- "They are, I must have put the wrong tag out. I'll let you have 'em for that price though."
    Me- "Sold!!!"

I'm thinking, I should have cleaned out his entire stock, from in the back as well. :-) Anyway, they redeemed themselves from the 8.99# they were recently asking....

The bad news, It looks like it may be months before I have time to fire up the grill for a long smoke. I'm guessing the 4th of July, at the earliest. So, these are gonna have to go in them crock pot or dutch oven.

Nah, pull an all nighter, slumbering really is an option.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      The Stoker could be of great assistance, still getting some Zzzz. I'm interested in seeing what kind of broth these things will turn out anyway. Heck, these were cheaper than soup bones.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point.

Freeze them, maybe??

Sorry about your work! I know reading all our antics is just a killer!

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I especially like the photos of what ya'll are cooking. Beautiful stuff there. It feeds creative side...

I think you need to question just what you're doing with your life

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Just getting ahead, now that I finally got the ex out of my wallet. And saving up for some prime grade eats......

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh the ex, the taker that keeps on taking

Originally posted by TheCountofQ View Post
    I'm thinking, I should have cleaned out his entire stock, from in the back as well. :-) Anyway, they redeemed themselves from the 8.99# they were recently asking....
    Nah you done good. Buying all his ribs at that price would have been pushing a nice gesture into "taking advantage" kind of thing.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, totally agree. They are getting to know me there, with all my questions and special instructions for cuts. I should have a Sunday off, in about two weeks,... so depending on time and playing catch up with household chores, I may try to do something quick on the grill. They always cut Turkey breast for me, leaving as much skin as possible, so as to cover the outside after putting two halves together, for a roast. I could knock those out pretty quick, and have lunch meat for a week or two.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis