Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pray for me!!! (Nothing serious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray for me!!! (Nothing serious)

I've been married for 20 years.....if you add up both my marriages. During that time I have learned that you have to pick your battles. The older I get the fewer battles I pick.

Today I am walking into battle. Ive wrestled all around the world ive been in real combat. Today though I am nervous. I bought a deep freezer for storing my bbq. Fresh meat and cryo vacced cooked stuff. Its in my man cave, its mine, it belongs to me and everyone knows it..

I went go take inventory before my restaurant depot run tomorrow morning. So I opened up the deep freezer and guess what I saw??? (I wish I saw a dead body) My wife went on an insta cart spree and filled up my deep freezer. Here is the kicker, she filled it with 30 lb's of boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen mixed vegetables, and frozen fruit for her smoothies!!!

Nope, not gonna happen, this is not community propertu The beach cooler is filled with ice, the food is getting out of my deep freezer, ........maaannnn i'm gonna get my ass kicked.......if any of you live in Jersey City pm me im gonna need your couch!! Lol

Ok, this is a true story and im going in, pray for me!!!
    Last edited by tenphases; May 23, 2020, 09:17 PM.

This could be a win win. "Honey, didn't realize you wanted freezer space too. I'll get another for the meat and stufff"

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea for making lemonade out of this lemon!

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant!!

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Either a voice of wisdom or experience. Well done!

Wait... are we married to the same woman? Ahh... no. Otherwise there would have been some overpriced hamburger chubs in the lot.

I got you man. Go get after it and handle your business. ( as I’m running the other direction)
    Last edited by HouseHomey; May 23, 2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Yup! I’ve got two small freezers, one I have beef, venison, elk, shrimp from Galveston, real meat. The other I open & I look at ice, strawberries, bagels, blueberries, packaged veggies & even a bag of rhubarb or celery, can’t tell. I look at this & think a waste of freezer space. My wife says “ya have ta eat somethin other than meat” & I think, “ya what”? Ditto on the smoothie or slurpee or what ever they’re called.

Comment

• randy56
        randy56 commented
        Editing a comment
        Liked :Ya what?

I'm in the multiple freezer crowd, I have six. I think, I know I have at least six. Yeah, it's extreme, but I have a farm and butcher my own stock. I also have an external thermostat, so I can turn a freezer into a refrigerator if need be. And if for some reason you don't have anything to put in it, just unplug and block the door open. It will patiently wait until the next butcher session, or Restaurant Depot/ Costco run.

On the wish list, walk in cooler and freezer. If that happens (yes, I have space for them) I might have some used freezers available!

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        good tips! Thanks!!

I got your back my brother. I’m just a half hour or so from you. I just hope you don’t mind sharing the couch. 😬
      Maybe JCBBQ can give you a more comfortable solution. 👍

Comment

Situation carefully assessed, duly noted.

Sincere prayers sent yer way, Brotherman!

Good Luck wit dat...

Couches ain't so bad, once yer back gits used to em, btdt.

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          I get some of my best sleep on the couch.

That's funny......because, this dude at the chicken plant got all of kind of free chicken from the plant. It was closing for a week so they had to liquidate the 28 degree cooler, and since nothing could be filled with orders, it was take what you can get. Well the guy thought he could find a freezer for all his chicken and he brought a car load home.....NOTHING, everyone was sold out of freezers due to Corona-Hoarding. Apparently toilet paper lasts longer in the freezer.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmmm...

Hope he had a Big-Arsed yardbird cook, invited alla th neighbours, friends, family, etc.
          Hate to see food go to waste.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          @Mr. Bones.....he did, he barbecued for hours on his days off.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          That's jus awesome; certainly how I'da done...

My in-laws got us a deep freeze for Christmas but it is at their house because we don’t have a place for it at our house (we are house hunting). Every time I take something over there or go to get something out.... “what the he’ll is this and where did it come from?” They are now using it as a supplement to their 3 others. I had a big order I went to put in it the other day and their were random frozen water jugs, an industrial size box of frozen waffles, and a lot of unmarked random things that I was scared to ask. We are getting ready to split a half beef with them and I’m worried where we are going to put it because they are going to have our freezer filled first!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          The water jugs are a good thing, by keeping your freezer full it does not have to work as hard. But when you fill it with that meat, make sure there is room for air to circulate or freeze the meat before putting it in. If you pack it in unfrozen the core may not freeze before spoiling.

I would think that you would advise ur loving wife that SHE should invest in a Honda IE7000 generator just in case you may lose power at some inopportune time and it would be a real shame to lose all that quality food and trash it.
        A level of concern on ur part.
        When the gen set gets delivered and ur finished assembling it keep an eye out for the truck delivering your freezer !!!!

Comment

Go get 'em, tiger. We're right behind you. A few states away. Give us an update when the smoke clears.

Kathryn

Comment

The chicken breasts, well... they’re kinda bland, but that is meat, and we can work with that. The frozen fruit can be used for pancakes, desserts, sauces, etc.

But frozen mixed vegetables are disgusting. Even canned taste better.

Comment

Have a party, smoke up all that chicken. Feed some friends.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang dang Skippy, Brother!
                'S what ahm'a talkin...

So, you are saying you screwed up and didn’t buy a big enough freezer? rookie!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                No, he screwed up and didn't buy one with a locking door!

I love this story..first smile of the day for me. To me there's no battle...It's done...Here's what you do. Make chicken dishes 3 meals a day every day along with the frozen strawberries for desert...Chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week until they beg you to go to the Restaurant Depot and and fill the freezer your way.

Please note: I'm only kidding. We must live in the same house....I guess just eat more chicken..

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Remember to cook those chicken breasts to 205i internal so they are nice n dry like cardboard.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis