Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Games or Board Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card Games or Board Games

What type of games have you been playing while in “lock up”?
    I received a cool game called Quirkle. We also been playing gin rummy and Mexican Train.

Alone so I guess if I did I would bust out Solitaire but I haven't done that in about 25 years, and that was on the computer.

Board Games I consider Bored Games, except Candy Land, I just picture myself eating the whole game.

Comment

Not much thus far. We've done Scattergories over video. I've played Quirkle before, it's been a while.

Comment

I've been playing games long before 'lock up'. Played tournament chess for years, now mostly just solve problems on the ICC (Internet Chess Club) or watch games. Daily I play Dominoes, Solitaire, Free Cell, Mahjong, and Draughts.

Comment

Years ago we were given a hnefatafl (tafl) board and pieces and we play it quite often. (A lot more often the past few months.) It is an old nordic games which was very popular before chess. It seems like a very simple game at first but it is all about strategy.

Comment

Our family likes Ticket to Ride. I’ve been playing computer chess and FreeCell when I’m playing solo.

Comment

• Sam6687
              Sam6687 commented
              Editing a comment
              our family loves Ticket to Ride as well.

Yahtzee, at https://boardgamearena.com

I can play with my daughter in South America. Or, get random opponents. I also play Hearts there, but players are either really good or really stupid, so I just try to shoot the moon every chance I get. More fun that way.
            Last edited by Mosca; May 23, 2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, grew up playing Yahtzee. I bet if I dug through some boxes I'd find it. Never thought to look for an app, may have to add that to my list again.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I know where it is, but do I have any score sheets left?

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              1-2-3-4-5-6, 3oak, 4oak, FH, SS, LS, Yahtzee, Chance. 63 in the upper house gets bonus of 35, 100 points for every extra Yahtzee.

We love a good board game. Currently playing a lot of Terraforming Mars and Power Grid.

Comment

• jumbo7676
              jumbo7676 commented
              Editing a comment
              I bought Terraforming Mars earlier this year but haven't had a chance to play it yet. My wife isn't interested and my kids are under 3, so I'm waiting to be able to play with some neighbors once we are able to safely do so.

Euchre is a fav, kids play Rummikub, trying to get wife interested in poker.....strip poker....

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Playing Hearts on line, it’s maddening. Nobody takes a heart to stop a shoot. Or passes a medium heart. You can have AKQ9 of hearts and, going for the shot, run that 9. So, each hand there is one guy trying to shoot, two guys who are clueless, and you. And you have to step up and take a heart trick that puts your entire hand out of position, because no one else will. So I try to shoot on every hand that it is even a little possible. I just I got my score to 97, then shot twice to win.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Always wanted to play Bridge haven't so far.
              Hearts, have had my butt handed to me so many times by my sister in law....makes me wanna cry

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Love euchre. My wife and I play a lot of cards with my parents and euchre is the game we typically play.

I've play tested my own "Amazing Ribs MCS Race" a few times (once or twice on my own). Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan.

Comment

Although not necessarily new since the pandemic, we play Sequence frequently and have been trying out Code Names. We like Phase 10 and Sixty Five for card games. If it's just me, I most often do KenKen puzzles.

Comment

I play ........

Race to the bottom of the can / bottle.

Followed by.

Race to the refrigerator.

Followed by.

Race to the store.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You better be Ubering to said store

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For all concerned. I still hold a "Get Out of Jail Free" card from Monopoly. Should the need arise. smokin fool

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just play Race to the Store first, then you can hang onto the get out of jail free card.

So I haven’t played hnefatafl (tafl),Ticket to Ride, Yatze!, Terraforming Mars and Power Grid, Euchre, Rummykub, Sequence, Code Names. Phase 10, Sixty Five for card games or KenKen puzzles.
                I have played Hearts,Strip Poker with the wife (didn’t go well), and race to the bottom of the bottle (usually didn’t go well).
                i sure like hearing about these games!

Comment

My daughter loves playing cars and board games. So we’ve been playing a lot of UNO, Skipbo, Rummy and aggravation.

Comment

• jecucolo
                    jecucolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Played a lot UNO and Skipbo!

Spider Solitaire, MahJong, Diablo III with expansion pack...

Comment

• TJMagneto
                    TJMagneto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    D3? I gave up on it last year. Used to play co-op with my son and a few of his friends.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis