Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The World's Largest BBQ Store" Reopened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The World's Largest BBQ Store" Reopened!

For those in the southern Ontario area, the "World's Largest BBQ Store" has reopened as Turn Up the Heat BBQ (tuthbbq.com). This is the one on Langstaff Rd. in the east end. The web site isn't up and running yet though the showroom is open. Argoboy smokin fool
    Last edited by pkadare; May 21, 2020, 09:15 AM. Reason: Tagged the wrong member.

Hopefully they have purged the old staff
    I went one day with a pocket full of cash to buy a Yoder, the staff has to have outnumbered the customers by 3:1 and I couldn’t get anyone to talk to me.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      600hpcummins Did you try Strode's in Brantford, don't know if they had Yoder but had tons of Treagar in stock.
      Or BBQ Galore in Burlington, never been there but have ordered on line from them for our BKK.
      And what you got that 600hp cummins in, Molsons gave us 575hp in they're tractors....that was plenty enough.

• 600hpcummins
      600hpcummins commented
      Editing a comment
      I purchased both my Yoders from Anderson appliances in Ingersoll, I did try Strode's but they didn't have what I was looking for.

I haul aggregate for a living, the 600hp Cummins powers my Freightliner.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosta my construction life, I've preferred my aggregate to be three-quarter minus, please.
      Is yer Freightliner Blue, like my Buddy's?

Link

Keep th Shiny Side Up, an th Dirty Side Down, Brother!

Is that anywhere near Woodbridge or Whitby? I get up there a few times a year for business.There is a store near Whitby called BBQ World that I enjoy going in.
    Last edited by Dennis0220; May 21, 2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQ World went out of business, it has been reborn as Turn Up the Heat BBQ. :-)
      http://www.barbecueworld.com/

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Dennis0220 Yes BBQ World had a store in Whitby.
      BBQ World also had a store in Mississauga at Mavis Road and Britannia Road.
      If you are coming into Toronto on the 401 from Michigan it is 1000 yards south of the 401 in the Best Buy plaza on the northeast corner of the intersection.
      I'm going to try to get over that way early on sat morning to see if is open yet or not.
      The store on Langstaff is in the north end of the city up Hwy 400, and Bass Pro Shops is the next interchange up the 400 .

Thank you I am looking for a new Kamado style egg and that is timely information. I am concerned about buying some thing that was made in China so I thinking my only option is BGE?

Comment

• Dennis0220
      Dennis0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should check out Primo. They are made in USA (Georgia). I have the Primo Oval XL and love it. I ended up choosing it because the shape is better suited, in my opinion, to BBQ and you can create true 2-zone cooking.

I figured BBQ World has croaked when they're website only said "clearance/closing"
    Had planned to go over to the Mavis Road store to see what was going on but the plague hit.
    Will try to get there this weekend as I'm outta woodchips, tried Strode's in Brantford last weekend but they were only open mon-fri for limited hours
    Thanks for the tip pkadare
    Last edited by smokin fool; May 22, 2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Well BBQ World on Mavis road has gone the way of the Dodo bird too, signage still up but store gutted.
      I can see them regrouping at the Langstaff store as it is/was the flagship store in all its name changes.
      My count this is the forth name change they've tried.
      On a positive note I did find BBQ Galore store location on Fri Night 2 mins from work on the Queensway west of Kipling.
      Only problem is plague hours they only open while I'm out on the road.

Comment

Managed to get to BBQ Galore today on my way to work looking for wood chips.
        Was rushed for time so didn't get to wander but my first impressions were, really big store with a huge Weber display.
        Saw many pellet poopers but didn't get any names as I ran thru the place.
        Two thirds of the store was BBQ and one third outdoor fireplaces/pits and outdoor living.
        Down side mediocre supply of wood chips, managed to get the last two bags of cherry wood they had and NO PECAN....pee me off.
        Really less than stellar supply of dry rubs, that was really disappointing.
        Lousy parking, for a place that size it needs ten times the parking, lots of customers in there at 11:30 when I was there they must have parked on the roof
        This visit really makes me miss BBQ World but will get there again when I have more time and can wander.
        ….at Walmart this morning too they had Maple Bourbon Keg chips that caught my eye, grabbed two of those to try.

Comment

Forgot my phone in the car but got this pic of the facia
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis