Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat and oil prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sitting in a state with more hogs than people. I know farmers with thousands of hogs. I'm going to estimate one of the guys in one of my churches has upward of 20,000 hogs. Probably a low estimate. I also have a trucker in one of my churches whose primary business is hauling dead hog to be rendered. Nonstop right now.

I'm also surrounded by COVID hot spots, basically wherever there is one of the big processors.

I feel for all of these, (well, maybe not so much the owners of the big plants, primarily based in China, who put the people working the lines in danger, even without the virus).

It is going to take some time for things to come back. Beef can be held longer, but pork and poultry is supposed to be a specific size when they process them. If the production of hogs and birds is stopped, it will take a while for them to restart. The president and my governor has ordered the processing plants to stay open, but they are at reduced capacity.

Comment

The supply chain is a total mess.

Saw this at the HEB today.

But what is strange is they had individual flats and points.
      Not many, but some. And no chuck roasts.

Every grocery trip is an adventure

Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8c9bdb09d3a565705c6e00ef5e9b5c8a.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	853995

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis