Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockdown Showdown RSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown Showdown RSA

We moved from level 5 down to level 4 of our lockdown 2 weeks ago today. That meant certain restrictions were eased. There is no firm plan for each level as to what exactly this means and we learn on the day of the announcement and more in the days that follow.
    Most were hoping that the sale of booze and smokes would be on the cards, but it wasn't included much to the dismay of a lot of people.
    We are hoping this will happen on level 3 which is possibly happening at the end of this month.

The good news for me was being allowed to prepare food but for delivery only.
    No drive throughs allowed, no collection, nada. Not even supermarkets that prepare hot food for sale are allowed to sell for in store collection. If you make food it must be delivered.

I have been busier than I was before lockdown and only deliver within a 5Km radius. The wagon is parked at home and my serving times are from 11am and take last orders at around 17h00 because we have a curfew between 19h00 to 6 am.

Only have smash burgers and fries on my menu. I have never been one to brag about anything I achieve because achievement is enough of a reward for me. But I am going to brag right here and say my Smash Burgers are a big hit. I have been asked from all around the city if I deliver to different suburbs. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to manage that at the moment.

Today I made a huge amount of PB burnt ends and if you don't know "I love Pork Belly."
    I'll be advertising as a special on tomorrow's menu (if I dont eat the lot before then) and have plans for a few other offerings in the near future.
    Definitely one that HouseHomey shared with us not too long and I have a vacuum sealer for the job

All the above in a nutshell finds me very fortunate given the situation we're in.

At least you can finally do something good for you. Keep safe, wear a mask.

Comment

Smashing news!

Comment

Keep masked & wear a safe. 😳

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Wear a safe. I mention business is good but not that good.

I'm glad you can do something. Can you make enough burgers to hire a delivery person/people?

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Not in that position yet but do have my family members on their bicycles.

Glad you are back in action

Comment

How about a special “Masked Burger.” Just make one randomly and what ever customer receives it, wins. They get it for free but have to do the dishes.

Awesome brother!! You really only have to do one thing right. NAIL THAT F*%%@&!!!! I’m loving this for you. Represent my Brother. I’ll just watch and applaud.

I look forward to your next post.

Nice Work.

Comment

Hang in there Man.
            Ontario is starting Phase 2 of opening up the economy tomorrow. Guess I musta missed Phase 1.
            Parks, golf courses, outdoor shopping centers, beer and liquor stores back to regular hours.
            If plague cases flair up again back to Phase 1....what ever that was.

Comment

So glad to hear yer back in bidness, even under limitations!
              Stay safe an well, Brother!

Keep Calm, an Smoke On!

Comment

Good to hear that things might be looking up...
                I was curious how you were doing when I heard the extent of the lockdown.

Hopefully things will get get even better for you as the restrictions are lifted.
                Good luck & stay safe.

Comment

Great news! Glad you have a meat source! Or is that wandering cow missing?

Comment

• holehogg
                    holehogg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That "Stock" did not last long. There is a greater selection of protein roaming the streets since lockdown. Some places even Hippo's ☺

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis