Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we should all be wearing facemasks, simply explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we should all be wearing facemasks, simply explained

Click image for larger version

Name:	94616204_10159634399239115_4548756380944695296_n.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	845685

For some reason RKelly came to mind...

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know who RKelly is, but if that brings him to mind, I don't think I want to!

If someone were to pee on me I can guarantee that their face mask will be a very poor defense of my efforts to quite quickly decrease our distancing space and unpleasant personal contact.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Social Distancin is definitely our Friend, here...
      Guessin yer all outta th Toros? Seem a bit tenser than usual.
      Anything I can do to help, hit me up, Cappy!
      Ya knows 6 ways from Sunday how, where, etc.
      Be safe an well, alla yall, there.

Much Love, from here on Th Windswept Prairie, Smokey's even chippin in some kissin, as I type.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Poor defense? Yes. However, very proficient at soaking up blood and containing loose teeth!

Urine does not go airborne much unless you pee from a roof or plane. I've been around plenty people wearing face masks getting sent home, and more would get sent home if they got tested. I think being in the same room is the problem. Oh to be a Bubble Boy with "bubble protection" and read about the Moops in history.

Comment

Thanks. Best splainer I've seen.

Comment

I might not ever be the same after this...

Comment

Be right back, need to go pee.

Comment

Thanks. I think

Comment

I’m not a fan of face masks as I see more people touching their faces to adjust it or do whatever. I’ve even caught myself doing the same. I just practice social distancing and wash my hands frequently.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Saw a guy yesterday in a store lower his mask so he could rub his nose & then replace it.

• Murdy
                Murdy commented
                Editing a comment
                While you shouldn't be touching your face, wearing a mask is more to keep the wearer from spreading the virus

• ColonialDawg
                ColonialDawg commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand the point of wearing masks, but touching them constantly just makes them fomites, especially when the same mask is worn every day. A majority of masks being worn in public aren’t doing all that much because they are either too big or too loose fitting. The homemade masks really don’t prevent escape of small particles like viruses because they are made from the wrong materials. Unless a mask seals the area around the mouth and nose, it’s just a costume piece.

Hmmm, get the plague or get peed on....not sure there's a runaway winner there.
              Actually the pee, can always have a shower after the golden shower, the plague, no shower helping there.

Comment

I've discovered as we begin to open things up, I depend on seeing people's mouth move so I can "hear". I've got serious hearing loss and was already struggling to hear, so I really depended on "reading lips". Now with masks and the shields at check out counters I am struggling to communicate.

Word to the wise, ALWAYS protect your ears. I spent too much time growing up hunting birds with no hearing protection......

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MBMorgan dang, I'm always a day late and a dollar short... though I bet you the digital version would resonate better with the younger crowd at a hefty profit margin

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Willy when I finally break down and decide I need 'em I'm sure the VA will provide me somethin' though it's a shame the markup is so dang high.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got into it with a jerk wearing a mask today, I knew exactly what he was saying....
                  Silver lining, called my manager about verbal abuse, I'm never going back to that customer again.

My challenge has been taking to my patients over the MRI intercom. I probably sound like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Comment

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what, you haven’t figured out how to pulse code your voice in between the magnet clicks? just be sure to hit the Nyquist rate minimum

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had a few MRI's, all techs sound like Charlie Brown not just you.
                  Tech told me to lie still don't move then he'd come over the intercom with a time update and scare the crap outta me....
                  Apparently I didn't jump enough to ruin the MRI

maybe Depends will start making face masks....or.....no, don’t get me started

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis