Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goat!

I've had my eye on the goat ribs in my local carniceria and am planning on experimenting a bit on my wsm this weekend. Has anyone done goat ribs on the smoker? Any tips?

I did goat ribs on my PBC last winter. I marinated them overnight in a mixture of plain yogurt and garam masala (an Indian spice blend you can either make or buy in most grocery stores), then rinsed them off, patted dry with paper towels, and smoked. I made two full racks and they were a big hit.

Are you including the loin in the rack? That was the best part!

Comment

Love your avatar R2-Meat2 - very creative....

Comment

Thanks carolts - yogurt marinade makes good sense to me. Lamb legs with a yogurt marinade (with mint and cumin) is one of my go to's. About how long did you keep the ribs on your smoker? Did you cook to temp or is it more like a pork rib bend test?

Comment

I cooked to temp but can't remember exactly what the temp was. Generally I follow lamb temps for goat. I'll see if I can find my notes. It was in the PBC for about 4 hours if I remember correctly. It was also winter, so time may vary. Guests tried to steal leftovers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis