Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19: As We Start to Emerge from Our Burrows--An Interesting and Informative Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    Similarly irked. Thanks DesertRaider.

• DesertRaider
    commented on 's reply
    What irks me about this is you are being very cavalier with peoples lives thinking this virus will never touch you or yours. Yes, we all die, and when we willingly, which includes under government mandate, give up some of those "freedoms" in a time of crisis, that makes others safe, that's when we live our best selves! As an aside, I've lived through a few natural disasters, and never once did I see or hear someone say our freedoms were taken from us when curfews were in place. Think on that.

• Cyprus BBQ club
    replied
    Thanks Kathryn. I'm coping, there are probably many others in a similar predicament. We march on. Oh and yes siree those smoker will be getting fired up as soon as I get home. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• dahcopilot
    replied
    it is amazing how many people will throw their friends and neighbors under the bus to feel safe. what is even crazier is how so many will give up their freedom to be "safe". no one is ever safe, and we all will die. what matters is how we live.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, what a story. Dealing with the loss of your father and such a long separation from your family (and pits). I hope it will be over soon for you, and that you'll be able to rejoin your family. Stay safe and be well. And let us know when you fire up those BBQ toys once again.

Kathryn

• Cyprus BBQ club
    replied
    Thanks Jerod.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for your loss. Stay safe. I'll pass on another swab here on out!

• Cyprus BBQ club
    replied
    As I hopped back to the UK to attend my father's funeral on March 21st, I realized I'd probably be stuck there for some time, and I was.
    As no flights were going back to Cyprus, I had to register for repatriation. The only blessing was I could video chat to my wife and son, but also, deep down, I was missing cooking BBQ.

I managed to get a flight on the 10th of May and was taken to be quarantined in a hotel in Ayia Napa, where I've served 5 of my 14 days quarantine.

Yesterday my swab results came back as Covid 19 negative, but unfortunately, I have to still stay here for the duration. In one room, stuck here. At least prisoners go out to do exercise and run around.

The one saving grace is the internet and being able to video chat to my family, whom I'll be able to touch and hold very soon. There is light at the end of the tunnel. (Including my pits)

Stay safe everyone. 🙏

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Well, at least I haven't gained, which is good, given some of the junk food I've taken to snacking on. My weight is right where I want it, and I hope to keep it that way.

Kathryn

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    What Donw said. Your dedication is deeply appreciated.
    Stay safe and be well,
    Kathryn

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I'm down 20 lbs! Its not from missing fast food.

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Good for them, and, you and your wife for going to work everyday there. Stay safe.

• TJMagneto
    replied
    Just to lighten up things a bit, the California Air National Guard did a flyover of the hospital here and a few other places in the state. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200513-134735_Accessibility.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	845483

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    We all know the prescription: grumble if you need to (it's actually good for you), grab some food, light a fire, adult beverage, and tend them temps!

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    You're most welcome, everyone! And may all of you and yours stay healthy, ya hear?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis