Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19: As We Start to Emerge from Our Burrows--An Interesting and Informative Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID-19: As We Start to Emerge from Our Burrows--An Interesting and Informative Article

I found this article interesting, scary, and somewhat reassuring all at the same time as I ponder the wisest approach to when and how to begin to resume "normal" life, especially in the face of continuing new cases, albeit low, in our area.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

Kathryn

Thanks. Very informative.

Comment

Ran across it a day or so ago. Definitely one of the best I've read on the subject lately.

Comment

Thanx Kathryn. The article was very informative. I also read the article with both some relief and trepidation.

We have friends that are scared to death about C'19 and friends that are considerably less concerned. I don't see the former attending any large group gatherings any time soon, but some others will. We will also be more cautious about eating out unless there is outdoor seating available.

We really need a vaccine...

Comment

...or at the very least an effective treatment until a vaccine is ready, RonB .

Kathryn

Comment

Thank you Kathryn. I have always wondered what that actual science is behind viral infection and this spells it out in a way anyone should understand if they want to. Sadly so many today don't want to or refuse to understand.

Comment

Excellent article.

Comment

Great article and thanks.
                Happy Mother's day by the way!

Comment

Very well written. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Thanks Kathryn.

Comment

Thanks K excellent article. Deb being a nurse has kept up with this pretty close. We have never eaten out often so that won't be a hardship for us, our favorite has outdoor seating. We own a valley surrounded by National Forest land so no close neighbors. We are going to take the utmost precautions as if nothing was lifted, We very much feel the restrictions were lifted to soon and there will be an uptick in cases and deaths. I bought a 50 pack of masks to use when we go out every week or so.
                      Last edited by mountainsmoker; May 10, 2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I'm mostly curious about the masks. Everyone wears them in the processing plant, but the cases keep going up. We were told the masks MIGHT block 3% of virus particles. Not a soothing percentage by any means.

Comment

• smokin fool
                          smokin fool commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There's a report that the Cdn gov't has brought in 8 plane loads of N95 masks, testing has proven up to 80% of the masks are defective anyway and shouldn't be used medically.
                          They were purchased out of China so whether the gov't was sold seconds or any old junk they had in the warehouse, who knows.
                          A moth balled GM plant in Oshawa is/has been retrofitted to begin N95 mask production sometime this month. See what happens there, if they make masks like they made cars we're in trouble.
                          Stay safe.

Thanks, Kathryn. Excellent and very helpful. Baffled why everyone is not listening to scientific advice such as this.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                          HawkerXP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Because some believe this is "fake news".

Thanks for this!

It's consistent with what I have been reading and it further supports my intention to not be part of any "opening up" anytime soon. It'll be a long time until we go into a restaurant or get in an airplane. Tough times ahead until we get a vaccine. We're lucky to be retired and have enough of an income to survive. My heart goes out to those who must work. My very best wishes to you all.

Comment

It was a good read. The article and some of the comments on this thread almost got me on my soapbox. However, just try to use common sense in your personal lives. The rest will take care of itself by and by.

Stay safe!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis