Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite quote(s)? Tell us yours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite quote(s)? Tell us yours...

If you have a favorite quote or quotes that has/have humored you or stuck with your for some time, tell us. If you can remember the source list it too.

"This too shall pass" -unknown.

"Trying is the first step toward failure" -Homer Simpson

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by Huskee; August 8, 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      Good 'ol Abe was definitely a man ahead of his time...

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      That first one was Spinaker after eating a whole brisket.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahaha, you are probably right. RonB

"That last one is TOTALLY accurate." Jerod Broussard

Comment

"I dont do much but I'm slow" Eddy Traver

"Its looks a lot more like it does now then it dis a little while ago" Dan Hughs

"Dont..." AHL

Comment

"I went Blonder on their butts." Jerod Broussard, reference to salt usage.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice one! And in the wrong context the meaning could be completely changed, lol

"Luck is the last dying wish of those who want to believe that winning can happen by accident. Sweat on the other hand, is for those who know its a choice."

From a Nike motivational video - I watch it via YouTube (search for "Nike rise and shine") before just about every race and even training runs. Never ceases to get my adrenaline going.

Comment

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left. —Oscar Levant

When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty. —Norm Crosby

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. —A. A. Milne

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Norm Crosby is one of my heroes!

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't you are right" Henry Ford

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end" Hemingway

This is what I tell myself when I'm cooking haha

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Henry Ford used that statement when he was implementing the production line in his factory for the first time. Some of his employees were resisting the new method and production was slower than Mr Ford thought it should be. He had big signs printed up with that statement on it and posted them in the factory for everyone to see.

He shut down the factory and brought everyone together for a meeting. He told everyone he noticed there are many of you that are resisting the change from the bench work method to the production line method. He announced the we are NOT going back to bench work and you MUST ACCEPT the new production line method or there will be consequences.

When he was done with his presentation to his employees he ended the meeting with 1 final question that was... If you think you can make my production line method work please raise your hand.

Everyone that didn't raise their hand were fired on the spot!

Getting large groups of people, employees, to accept change is always very difficult. I've used that statement in the factories I've owned or operated many times. I too have found it necessary to fire those that resist change the most.

Henry Ford was a brilliant guy... Even if he was a little quirky.
            Last edited by Breadhead; December 18, 2015, 05:25 PM.

The early bird gets the worm, yes, but what about that early worm? -me

If you can't laugh at yourself I'll laugh at you. -me
          Last edited by Huskee; August 8, 2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
            Sgt Tyree commented
            Editing a comment
            The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

• bardsleyque
            bardsleyque commented
            Editing a comment
            the early worm gets the bird I always say it that way

• BourBonQ
            BourBonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee , the early worm gets the fish.
            - from "5 lb bass" by Robert Earl Keen

Early worm was coming back late from a party...

"NO FEAR"

Comment

"When's it gonna be done?" - My Wife

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              2 0 3*!!!! I've told you a thousand times!!

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee I have tried that one too, but it still invokes another question...What time will that be? (turns away from her and bangs head on the wall) So any more I will toss out an arbitrary time and then adjust it as the day goes by and justify it with something weather related (damn wind picked up more than I anticipated). It is the same way with a baseball game (she doesn't really baseball, but loves football). When will the baseball game end? Uh, after 9 innings. How long will that take. Uh, 9 innings. No seriously, how much time will it take. Uh, 2.5 - 6 hours. Ok, I'm going shopping. One of these days I will learn my lesson.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Comment

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." - Benjamin Franklin

"
              Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence." - Mark Twain

"Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored." - Abraham Lincoln

So many others I cannot think of right now, but they will come to me...

Comment

“A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is.” - ???

Comment

"Things happen for a reason." - loosely attributed to Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis