Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rose Petal Jam Video is live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose Petal Jam Video is live!

just posted the Rose Petal Jam Video!! Have a good time!

https://youtu.be/0r96f1YS3L8

Groovy, rad, knarly, etc, etc....

One note, you said, "herbicides and pesticides..." Herbicides are Pesticides.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 22, 2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

<AHEM> a weed is nothing but an herb growing in the wrong place. Now, if you'll excuse me, Princess Amelia and I have to go gather Dandelions.....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Those tend to produce less life threatening red dots on the hands.

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        that WAS kind of wild! Making the jam the second day, I knew the camera could see all those little red spots. LOTS of thorns on those bushes! and the last day of gathering was the first does of lemon juice. there is an old saying, when life gives you lemons, find someone with a papercut" So, of course, when jam forced me to use lemons, every single thorn mark was revealed! As you can see, once I cut the first lemon, I learned my lesson and grabbed the gloves!

There are only a few times that I ALWAYS wear gloves. one is thorn marks and jam, another is when working with hot pepper, and the other is, believe it or not, when working with Kiwi on a large scale. the first time I planted kiwis in Atlanta, on the third year, we had our first blossoms and harvested bout 10 pounds of Kiwi. that was WAY cool! From only TWO plants!! NEAT! the next year, we started picking. we had 2 HUNDREN pounds of kiwi. they don't come off the vine ripe. you have to box them with apples or bananas to ripen them. Of course, that meant we had 200 pounds of kiwi to process. so, we decided to pulp them all and freeze them. kiwi contains the same enzyme that papaya has that helps tenderize meat. that doesn't cause much of a problem most of the time. most people handle a couple of pounds of kiwi at most. but, when all this was done, the kiwi juice had actually removed my FINGERPRINTS! Where's an Oceans Eleven plan when you finish processing kiwi?

next few videos are building on each other. Did flour gelatinizing with Hot Water Pastry. Next up is soufflé, where gelatinized flour makes the roux, and we go to whipping meringue. the marshmallows addressed two phase recipes and soufflés do that, too. after that, Pavlova, baking meringue, then hopefully, to Macarons, taking the baked meringue to a different place, using two phased building of the recipe, then filling the cookies. I may do choux pastry after that. Some time in the next few weeks, I HAVE to get my eggnog made. I'm INCREDIBLY late as it is!

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        and, as for weds, these wild roses definitely qualify! They grow everywhere, aggressively. I don't know if you saw the state of my hands but when I sliced the first lemon, I went STRAIGHT for the gloves!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis