Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

madison, WI area brisket price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

madison, WI area brisket price

so i don't know if a lot of people are in the madison, WI area, but UW provisions (http://www.uwprovision.com/cncweeklyspecials.aspx) is having a sale on PRIME grade beef brisket. 3.99/LB. from what little information i know (i am a bit of a novice) that seems like a nice price. please correct me if i am wrong.

the only catch: they are around 16-18lb average in size so it is a bit of a investment.

This is a solid price. I live in the Twin cities. and we see prices like this quite a bit at Costco and Sams. I've bought Prime Briskets from Costco for as low as 2.89/lb. But keep in mind that you will also be paying for fat that you eventually trim off. Last brisket I bought was $3.89/pound. It was a 13 pound packer. I trimmed off just over 2 1/2 pounds of fat. So you are paying for stuff you wont use. But you cant beat a Prime Brisket.

Comment

i need to get a costco membership...

Comment

The Costco by me near Milwaukee I think is on the high side. They want $6.99 a pound for choice. Sam's club is cheaper.

Comment

Rich, Costco - Grafton was at 8.99 for a smallish prime HOF. just over 4lbs, but well trimmed. SAMS-milw did have some larger choice brisket flats, but i thought the pricing was high there too.
          Last edited by CurlingDog; May 21, 2015, 11:33 AM. Reason: corrected for spelling and contect

Comment

It seems like the flats are always higher almost like double the cost of the whole brisket. I think the whole brisket at sam's was around the $3.50 range.

Comment

Boise: 3.27 for ANGUS BEEF BRISKET

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis