Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a clue as to the culprit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a clue as to the culprit??

This is a Ryobi 2000psi electric.

The other day while power washing my cooking grates, water started shooting out from the hose connection on the wand. It's as though the pump was sending too much water for the wand to handle.

When I would release the trigger on the wand, water would continually stream out of the wand but no longer under pressure and no longer flying out of the connection where the hose connects to the wand.

I've taken the wand apart and checked the apparatus inside and that seems to be intact.

The blue arrow in the picture points to the pin that I pulled out to check what appears to be the unloader valve and I couldn't see anything wrong with that.

Haven't been able to contact the company due to work and they're closed on the weekends, but a lot of the unloader valves I'm finding online seem to be a lot more robust than this one is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200425_144202.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	837472

I willing to bet there's an O-ring possibly a gasket in there that has split causing the pressure to crap out.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I've checked O-rings. I hoping I can find one. Cheapest route.

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't order the part I mentioned below so I ordered a replacement wand and I'll go from there. Couldn't find any O-Rings that were bad...yet. Thanks!

I found a very small crack in the wand apparatus/valve thingee, but I'm not sure if it came that way in the form of a split washer. Not sure how that would cause water to both come out when the pressure is off AND shoot water out the connection when the pressure is on.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah! The “thingee”, the very part that undoes us all!

Clean the intake filter where you connect the garden hose (looks dirty). I have a crappy electric one that does that also. So I have to pull the trigger then switch the machine on to get it to pump correctly. Can't be bothered fixing it so I just use it like that.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      That's the first thing I checked and pulled that intake off.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis