Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think your team did so far in the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think your team did so far in the draft?

My guys, the Steelers, took their first round pick last year by trading it for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Second round they picked WR Chase Claypool out of Notre Dame. I wanted them to pick RB Dobbins from Ohio State, but I defer to them actually having skin in the game.

What say you? Are you pleased, or puzzled, or downright p.o.’d?

I'll respond to that in 2 years. I sort of like the picks so far. All projects. But if there is anyone who can develop its BB. What I see is versilty. Inside, outside, safety, linebacker. This is what he keys on. Perfect absolutely not. I'll stick with his track record.
    ​​​​​.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      The man knows that the game is won by a team, not a superstar. Of course they’re all projects now, but this is fun to speculate. Antonio Brown (now a head case) was a 6th rounder. TB (GOAT) was a 6th rounder. Can you project which later round player will blossom?

LSU had a lot of players go.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      That team last year was awesome. Time to reload.

Like always the Seahawks picked players that weren't on anybody's mock drafts but I like the players they got. Good LB, good DE and a good nasty guard.

Comment

I pretty much forgot about football. I better see how the Pack is doing,.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll prolly like their first round pick more than Aaron Rodgers!

this is the worst draft in patriots history. they will be lucky to be a .500 team! I give them a F, Who in their right mind drafts a kicker when you don't have quarterback?

Comment

Mosca, I don't live and die by any NFL team, but I'm a big fan of the game. My NFL fandom is largely driven by who is on my fantasy football roster, and which teams are most entertaining to watch. Having the Bungles as your "local" team will do that to you. There's a few former Kentucky Wildcats in Dupree, Snell and hopefully now Calvin Taylor with the Steelers, so I will watch them with interest.

Comment

9ers did decent, I hope it pays off... we let some real talent go for cap space and gambled on some college kids. But, our biggest players in the last 3 years have been those gambles for the most part.

Comment

Alas, the San Diego Chargers didn’t participate in this draft....

Comment

It looks like the Steelers got a good pick with G Kevin Dotson in round 4. I like him, and their first pick, Claypool in round 2.

The others, Idk. You gotta read between the lines. If the first thing you hear is “high motor”, think special teams. “High football IQ” means that he is on the field when that big play got scored against your guys, especially if he is a linebacker. High football IQ means he knows he just got burned, and wasn’t quick enough to stop it. A running back with “fast twitch” needs to learn to hit the hole. That’s the guy who dances around the backfield and then gets tackled diving forward at the end for a half yard loss.

I’ve always thought the first two rounds are guys who you know can play (even though some of them won’t), and after that you’re trying to guess who can improve enough to play. That’s where the fun is. In 2009 I was at training camp and watched the linemen from about 10 feet away, and there was a rookie free agent who I was thinking, “Wow, this kid looks really good!” Ramon Foster played well for 11 seasons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D2329E96-F66C-4783-BCA8-657F9CDF6D45.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	837824
              Last edited by Mosca; April 26, 2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Packers fan here. Ugh. The GM must have had too many adult beverages in lock down. Didn’t fill the most glaring needs. But hey what do I know? Here’s hoping they know what they’re doing! Go Pack!

Comment

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can’t believe they took that QB. By the time Rodgers is ready to retire, his rookie contract will be up. And he can’t expect any help, Rodgers didn’t get any from Favre and probably won’t give any, either.

• RickyBobby
                  RickyBobby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn’t like the pick at first either, but I’m coming around. By taking Love in the first round, GB can exercise a fifth year option. The timing is actually just about perfect for Aaron’s current contract and by the time he turns 40. I also believe Aaron will be a much better mentor than Favre was.

Broncos did pretty well. 3 or 4 day one starters and some good depth. I still wonder what pictures our inept LT has that the position wasn't addressed..

Comment

Chelsea FC wasn’t a part of the draft so...eh...yeah, I got nothin’. LOL

Comment

Giants fan here. I don't have much to say about the draft picks because I don't watch college football, so I rarely know who the players are other than the big names. Even then I only know the little I've read about them. I'm glad they focused on the offensive line and defense, but their defense is still a long way from being able to keep the team competitive unless the offense can put up 50 points per game.

Comment

I like Dotson and the edge LBer the Steelers picked up. Seems like the first time in a while the Steelers don’t have any glaring holes that needed to throw a rookie into a starting role immediately. Now as long as our qb shakes off hibernation we are set!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis