Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hibernation Habits in your Habitat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hibernation Habits in your Habitat?

Since confinement I've used some things more than usually.

My indoor oven and stovetop are getting far more use time than on a normal work day or weekend.

My vortex has not had the attention that it deserves but is recieving a lot more now.

Anything you using a lot more during these trying times than you had previously?

Watching way too much TV/movies, especially in the daytime. Before the lockdown, I never watched TV in the daytime.

Kathryn

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am using my bottle opener a lot more!

TV shows and Naps are abundant.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Just woke from nap 339 day 27.

Staying busy with all the little "fix it" jobs I've wanted to do for a long time. Outdoor work (Gardening and Lawn Work) is just a round the corner too. Trying to do lots of walking every day too.

Comment

Watched John Snow come back to life on You Tube last night. Note to Self: Killing someone, then hanging around, will lead to being hanged, due to not only the hanging, but the hanging around as well, probably something people need to get the hang off. Not sure who you could hang around to learn such a thing.

I also wonder if Blue-Eyed Clay Walkers could be as dangerous as the White Walkers.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        TOOOOO much time! 😉

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Roped me into reading the entire post...

I'm usually on top of the yard work, but much more so now. When I mow, I'm rarely cutting off more than 1", and I now run the weed eater every time instead of every other time. My garage is the cleanest and most organized it has ever been. And the firepit gets used almost every evening, weather permitting. I'm definitely watching a lot less tv now, since sports makes up a huge part of my tv viewing.

Comment

I am not sure what it is, but I am sleeping longer and harder, and having more trouble getting up in the morning.

Sadly, I worked from home before this COVID-19 crisis hit, but a lot of the folks I interact with did not. So, my phone rings a lot less during the day, and sub contractors I normally have lunch with or visit at their local facilities are not working. The customers who need the stuff I work on are almost all shut down. And we are used to being at church on Sundays and Wednesdays, either for services, a class I teach, or discipleship groups. We've taken a lot of that stuff online using Zoom, but it is still just "different". Also, cannot go to the gym. I used to get up and head to the gym at 6:30 3 mornings a week, and that hasn't happened in forever it seems like. So I just get fatter and lazier, and sleep more....

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Motivating myself has become very trying

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Interestingly, I'm also sleeping longer. Even though I too work from home already. I'm still not back in the gym either even though I have one at the house. Hopefully, my laziness passes soon! Although in my defense I am quite a bit busier with work, and working in the yard a lot.

Dinner with live ants fracmeister

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200421_100327.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	835650

Comment

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely

• TJMagneto
          TJMagneto commented
          Editing a comment
          Tastes like chicken!

Reading on my Kindle and watching way to much TV. I can't do much else as I just got home two weeks ago from having my hip replaced March 13.

All stay safe and God Bless.

Comment

A typical day now during lock down. Up at 10 to 1030. Coffee, catch up on the world. Bathroom routine, get dressed. I'll digress a bit. In the past month I've worn jean's twice. Sweats and commando is the new norm. OK, I watch or listen to the midday and afternoon sports talk, 98.5 The Sports Hub. They simulcast on NBC Sports Boston. Eat by noontime. Start thinking about cooking or baking. If I decide to, then decide on what and do it. Of course some planning might have had to be done depending on the cook or bake. My wife and I do walk a few days a week that gets worked in as well as now some outdoor activity such as gardening is becoming more frequent. Evening is music dinner and libations. Very little TV after 5.
          Last edited by RichieB; April 21, 2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

My credit card is getting a lot of use at the liquor store
            Also, the KitchenAid stand mixer is getting a real workout!
            Last edited by Thunder77; April 21, 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Introduced my 7 year old to the Wii, after finding it in the attic... Super Mario Bros was still in the drive. Should be more games some where.

Comment

Been cruising the interwebs for our wine clubs and restocking. Not too ambitious otherwise. Kinda spent after a long day at work.

Comment

I've gone back to whittling and carving in my spare time.
                  Forgot how much I enjoyed it.
                  Also forgot how quick a really sharp knife will cut you!
                  Last edited by Cheef; April 21, 2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Cheef
                    Cheef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    tried to post a pic-----BUT!!
                    I give it up!
                    Last edited by Cheef; April 22, 2020, 07:54 PM.

I cooked quite a bit before, however, I am cooking far more now. Often a real lunch and supper. I’ve never enjoyed leftovers and now, well, I’m eating more of those too.

Elective cases are on hold currently, therefore, if I’m not on call I’m cooking, golfing, or thinking about ways to convince my wife that I need a Lone Star Grillz insulated vertical cabinet smoker. Will likely have less feee time when things start to open more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis