Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malcom Reed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malcom Reed

Maybe I mis-read the post a while back, but I thought Mr. Reed was joining AR as a board member or free lance contributor. So far I haven’t seen anything. Anyone have info about this?
    Be safe
    Al S.

My understanding is that he is joining us at the pitmaster's club MeatUp in July. I believe that is all. Could be wrong though.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my understanding too.

Malcom who?

Comment

X RonB

Comment

I do not think he is a forum member. Although that would be great! I am a huge follower...

Comment

He lives in the Memphis area just south in Mississippi so I think the idea was to have him be part of the Meat Up, whenever that may occur.

I don't listen to all of them, but in his Podcast on YouTube, he and his wife have referred to the AR site from time to time. I've sent them some of our cooks from here, always got good responses. I believe given that, they probably lurk here from time to time.

Comment

Malcom has agreed to video several of our recipes. He has done one already, Italian Beef Sandwiches. He has also agreed to be at our Meat-Up in Memphis. He has also given us permission to use some of his recipes on our site. We have used two, Elk Steaks and Venison Backstrap. We have invited him to hang out in the Pitmaster Club and he said he would try, but it is my observation that he is working long hours and may not have tie to poke around here. We are looking for more ways to work together.

Comment

• Al S.
              Al S. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for clarifying! Be safe.
              Al

That’s awesome. I’m a big fan of Malcom’s approach and knowledge. Like all great teachers, he doesn’t have secrete ingredients nor purposely avoids mentioning that key step or two. He shares his knowledge openly and truly wants people to learn and be able to get excellent results.

I learned from his YouTube channel many things, including how to fix some amazing pork belly burnt ends following his recipe, and after that successful initial experience, we have tried fixing briskets, Boston butts, pork chops, turkey breast wrapped in bacon, Chicken and of course RIBS.

His recipes and teachings, always deliver. Malcom, Thank you Sir.

Ricardo

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              I made his "old school BBQ chicken a few weeks ago and it was over the top good.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              His pork belly burnt ends are the bomb.
              If I'm looking for how to I will look here first for instructions, if nothing right to YouTube and Malcom Reeds vids.
              In many cases I combine thing I like from both sources.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis