Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What price are you paying for Beef Short Ribs these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What price are you paying for Beef Short Ribs these days?

I recently cooked a half dozen BSRs for the fam but paid $6.99/LB. I don't know if that was a good price or if I got ripped off. Request pit feedback, please!

To me that seems on the high end of acceptable. I can't find short ribs where I shop, but instead beef back ribs. I paid $5.89 for back ribs, and recently I seen they were up to $6.29. Sounds you like your area is plagued with 'not great' beef prices too. I would pay that to make some nice short ribs though, just not weekly.

Comment

$6.99 isn't bad, just a little high. And it depends on quality as well. If your willing to by the whole roast (I recommend you do) you can get them down to around $4.99.

Comment

Here in LA they range from $8-$12/lb at the butcher shops, and less from the supermarkets.

Comment

I was at Stanton's meat market in Alvin, TX a couple of weeks ago. Had them for $1.99 per pound. Bought three packs. Had to start a cook when I got home...not enough room in the freezer. Could have worse problems.

Comment

eugenek Ok, so prices are all over the map (like pit members are)! I like $1.99/lb and LA is crazy expensive. I'll reserve short ribs for an every now and then cook unless I figure out how to find them for cheap. I usually count on Costco for value but I can't find them there.

Comment

Beef short ribs run between 8.99 and 10.99 near me yet I have a local store that periodically sells whole boneless rib eyes for 4.95, it is all supply and demand. Just yesterday I saw chicken wings for 5.99 per pound, what was once the cheapest meat costs more than chicken breasts now thanks to the popularity of Buffalo wings.

Comment

I think I need to move to Texas!!

Comment

They went from 5.99 just a couple of weeks ago, to 7.99 last weekend. I passed. Found boneless skinless chicken breast for 1.99, up the road aways, and went that route.

Comment

$5.81/ LB at Central Market in Dallas Texas. I can't justify a whole packer so I go for a full rack of beef short ribs.
                    Let me rephrase that, I love beef short ribs over any BBQable flesh. There I said it.

Comment

Beef ribs are good but I like all BBQ like pork, chicken and beef

Comment

Well, my last cook was BSRs and I think that my wife prefers them to steak! I just have to find them at a better price. That said, I just enjoy eating (and drinking)! And BBQ anything is at the top of my favorites...

Comment

Here is semi-rural SE AZ, our two supermarkets in town today had BSRs for $5.50 to $6 a pound. The cheaper ones were boneless and coated in BBQ marinade.

Comment

• Ray
                            Ray commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Better price than what I found Willy, I did like the quality I got though.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis