Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i return 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i return 2020?

what a year. and it's only April!

I'm sorry i haven't been around much. since the bowel resection, food is just not really top of mind, anymore. frankly, I might skip eating entirely if the Y wasn't asking me every few hours what I want to eat.

then the Wuhan flu. and now the Y is around most of the time. one of us may not survive. and neither of us are sick!

Top it all off with the once every 15 year tornado that threads the topographical needle between Missionary Ridge and WHite Oak Mountain. Easter night, about 11:30, we had a tornado that set down about a mile from us, and tore up a large area of housing and commerce. 36K people without power. Thousands without walls. This may take a minute to rebuild.

Meanwhile, we DID Smoke a butt last weekend. We had some great eating in Corned Beef Season. We REALLY need another used fridge so we can make our own, again. and we've been doing Sunday roast so we can eat leftovers.

But I wanted to check in. We're alive. no damage to us from the tornadoes and neither have wuhan flu. ChattaVegas, it seems has been kindly missed.

Hang in there! This current situation isn’t permanent. It won’t last an eternity. While it feels like it has come to stay it will pass.

Comment

It's good to hear that you and your Y are doing well, Karon. The last I heard, even daycares were not closed in Chattavegas, so you must be in a protected pocket of the US. Stay safe and be well.

Kathryn

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in the North Western Area of East Ridge. which is well protected by the ground folds at the base of the ridge. and right behind my house is a 60 foot hill with an series of 50 ft brick building servicing a church on top of the hill. we only get BAD bad weather or snow if it first comes from Birmingham. last one we had here, we were finding mail and other paperwork from Alabama. this one slid up through the tail en of Missionary Ridge and WHite Oak Mountain.

Don’t turn your back to him if he’s using any power tools and you’ll be alright.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        as long as I keep Downton Abbey and The Crown playing, he'll keep weeding the yard.

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        Turns out, it is the Puppy playing with Power Tools. Tyranny has discovered that the garage is a MARVELOUS tool box. the other day, he stole the Y's Power drill, chewed up the cord and dropped it in the back yard.

I'm glad to hear you are surviving all this. Just remember - things will improve.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        they always do. nothing lasts forever, no matter how much it feels like it. I've hived two swarms of bees, started 8 trays of seeds and already put tomato and squash plants into the ground.
        "He who plants a seed
        beneath the sod
        and waits to see
        believes in G-d"

I think we need to hear more about the colon resection in detail. When life hits it hits. My wife went thru that 18 yrs ago. She still eats Q. Things’ll get better. Heal up, drink tea & tell Y to git to it carin fer ya.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        one year and 4 days ago, I had a partial gastrectomy and small bowel resection removing 40 cm because I had developed a massive Intussiception. think a rubber glove on your finger that folds over itself around your finger. then there are two folds which each collect stuff and swell to choke off the flow. it was not fun

Prayers your way. An ex Lexington TN guy. And I whine cuz I am what is called essential.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, the Y is, too. so at least he can go wander the city and stop by businesses we KNOW are closed. finally, some of the schools have been closed long enough that some will let him in. they open the door, he goes in and inspect, they let him out. saves annual leave. this would be the ideal time for elevator and escalator major maintenance

Glad you are ok, Karon. We live in Holly Hills, but all we had was some roof damage and lots of trees down in the back. Most of the subdivision was hit really hard, looks like a war zone. We are really going to have make some time to meet you guys when this covid thing is over.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping to hear from you. Glad you guys are all safe. Even back about 15 years ago the tornado died on Missionary Ridge. this one was all but a meteorological miracle. to thread that needle so precisely. I know miracle sounds wrong but that's what it was. I always knew Tornadoes had a VERY hard time getting in here but if one ever did it would be devastating

Glad you are surviving. Good to hear from you again. Stay safe.

Comment

Glad, you're feeling better and hanging in there. Stay safe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis