Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virus Stimulous Money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virus Stimulous Money!

Just got our virus money deposited at the bank! How about you folks?

Now my dilemma: need a new gasser and this may be the spark to act on that. I've been eyeballing these 3 and cannot decide:
    * Blaze LTE 4 burner w/rotisserie and infrared burner
    * Blaze Pro 3 burner w/rotisserie and infrared burner
    * Summerset TRL 38" 4 burner with rot & IR burner

Ah, the agony of decisions!

Not sure, so many people are logging onto our bank the website has crashed.

Comment

I think 4 burners are the way to go.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack thanks. I believe that you have the Blaze. Did you look at the Summerset? It uses ceramic briquettes vs the Blaze SS diffusers.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I do and I did not consider the Summerset. I focused in on Blaze because of price and warranty.

Got mine today as well. Wife doesn’t have direct deposit so she won’t get hers till sometime in May.
      We’re gonna put it towards painting the house.

Comment

• painter
        painter commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you. My place will hoover up both my check and my wife's. Could throw double that at projects and then some.

Nice to hear someone got theirs - when I checked the IRS website it says that they cannot determine if I am eligible to receive the stimulus money, despite making less than the limit the last couple of years. Go figure. I usually owe thousands each year, so maybe they are waiting on me to pay them!

Comment

• SparkDog
        SparkDog commented
        Editing a comment
        That sure sounds like our government. You give me a lot & I will give you back a little

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for making so much money. I got mine today so take your time in sending your check. Gonna pay for befefits for the next theee months and have some milk money left after that. Maybe after you pay this year another round of stimulus will go out. 😬

jfmorris got the same message. We don't have direct deposit, as I never got anything back when I worked. Now being on SS we are well under the threshold. I think without DD, it going to take longer. My daughter's family do have DD, got theirs today.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB You can login onto the IRS website and provide them your bank info and get it much faster than mail even if you had not previously set that up.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, will take a look at that..

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        As I understand it, those on SS will get theirs at the end of the month...

Found out today that they won't use an account you use to pay them for direct deposit. I've owed for a couple years now. Updated via the IRS website and waiting to hear when it will come through. Won't get anything fun though, its probably going into the house.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I e-Filed my 1040 today, and for the first time in 20 years I am getting back a few bucks (barely enough to pay for the tax software I used!). Maybe once they process that they will know how to send me some stimulus bucks.

• Driverdan
        Driverdan commented
        Editing a comment
        We are retired and receiving SS income, therefore we will be receiving direct deposit since that's how we receive SS. Will spend part on MCS!

Not expecting any as the wife and I earn too much according to them. Now if that Hero's Fund thing passes, which I don't expect to, we'd be rolling in cash at up to $25k per essential person. Wife works at the same imaging center that I work at. Thank goodness she does not have to work at the hospital.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/cor...ntline-workers
      Last edited by TJMagneto; April 15, 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice.

I ploughed down an acre of hay and spent the $1200 of 'stimulus' money on marijuana seed, anticipating $120,000 of 'stimulant' product! ;-)

Comment

• TJMagneto
        TJMagneto commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that you are on to something. Marijuana dispensaries may be considered an essential business in your area.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope it works out well for you!

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll HIGH five that.

I've bought beer and beer ingredients (I'm a home brewer) so far. Probably spend the rest on meat, charcoal/wood, and flour for bread.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Get ya a Brutus Ten! Ha...

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I’m talking about!

• TJMagneto
        TJMagneto commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can find any flour.

We bought gift certs from some local non-chain restaurants and will be grabbing something from our 2 favorite bottle shops. Invested a very small amount of it, and the rest we will spend as local as we possibly can to try and meet the intent of the whole thing. I'd lie and say we were gonna buy some add ons for the MAK, but that money was already saved and set aside for a sale prior to this whole COVID thing.

Comment

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Doing much the same. While my local income has shrivelled & died, I am still working. (Currently in TX and driving down to FL tomorrow.) But I know some others are hurting, especially restaurants. Certainly others as well, but having long hair I haven’t been into a barber shop for decades. LOL

I bought a Fender Precision bass to play with.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain't seein yer pics, brother!

• ILikePigButts
        ILikePigButts commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones it hasn't made it's way home yet, but when it does I'll post it up.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Please tell me it's yellow

Got mine yesterday but I’m still debating what to do with it, if anything.

Comment

GolfGeezer , just to help you out with your MCS, because that's what we're here for, from your list I'll give a vote for the Summerset. I've got the TRL44 with the side sear add on. Both are high quality pieces. The cast stainless burners will last and last, and the all 304 housing is very well built. The grates are slightly thicker rod as well. The only warrantee issue I've had in nearly 4 years was the igniter for the sear, and they replaced that quickly.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Unclebob Thanks. Do you find the briquettes hard to clean? Can they be flipped and burned off?

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          GolfGeezer, I don't get too carried away with that, pretty much just scrape off the big stuff. With a 20k rated burner flipping them to clean could work, I know very high heat on the kamado does a good job of cleaning the deflectors/pizza stones and the "briquettes" look to be similar material not sure on metal, so might work. A call to their customer service would probably get you the "official" answer. They are pricey to replace, but mine are holding up very well, so not too concerned.

We haven't received any and most likely won't. We've owed the last 3 years even after paying a large sum in taxes with each paycheck. Blessed to still have our jobs and income right now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis