Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart finally pulls their head out on charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart finally pulls their head out on charcoal

Bags are smaller, but about the same price, and likely no limit (plus you probably pass 6 on the way home) 2x15 lb bags for 7.94. Linky

Thanks! I had missed out on the Home Depot sale earlier

Comment

Thanks much for the heads up...going to see how many bags the grocery getter can hold

Comment

They just closed the Wal Mart super store minutes from my house a few weeks ago. One of five nationwide apparently. The cited "plumbing issues". Supposed to reopen in six months. There are a few others 25 - 30 min. away so I will be going there to resupply.

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          There's some speculation that those stores were closed for retaliatory purposes - the towns they were located in and the employees were giving them quite a hassle. Again, it's speculation - I've read a couple of articles about it.

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm from Walmart's hometown and a consultant for companies selling to them, the general consensus it that this is the case. All union related which Walmart won't allow. Remember when Walmart had a butcher? That is why they don't now, and also why self checkout is getting bigger. They are protesting a million people out of a job.

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          I shop at that Wal Mart quite often and I never saw any picketing or any employee action at all. Doesn't mean it wasn't going on of course. I am a big believer in the free market so when I see Seattle mandating a minimum wage $15 an hour, I just shake my head. Business's are already closing and prices are rising.

I buy my lump coal (100% mesquite) at Smart and Final. I bought 4 40lb bags yesterday for $60. Seems like a good deal to me. I have a large BGE and I bake a lot of bread in it. When you have your dome temp up to 500 degrees for a few hours you burn lots of lump.

Comment

I just bought 5x of this (10 fifteen-pound bags) online at walmart.com for $42.92 after taxes. Not bad at all and they'll have it ready for me to pick up tomorrow at my local store.
          Last edited by codewritinfool; May 16, 2015, 10:13 PM. Reason: corrected final price

Comment

Thanks for the alert. Heading there today.

Comment

lowes now.2 ..18.5 @9.87....bought 30 bags

Comment

Deal was still going on yesterday, bought 8

Comment

Walmart still 2 fer 7.94 as of May 20th.

Comment

I just went to WalMart. A double 12.9# for $14. They also had Stubs 15# bag for $7.87 so I got some of both. Not great pricing, but not too bad for around here.

Comment

Yep, I bought the three double 15 pounders for $7.94 on Friday. They had it sitting near the store entrance but still had the double 12.9 pounders near the grilling stuff. I must have about 700 lbs right now 3/4 Blue and 1/4 Competition. Guess I need to do a little cooking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis