Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see your garage fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your garage fridge

Here's my Kenmore beer and bait fridge that was already a used hand-me-down in 1996.

Every sticker tells a story. Thing's almost like a part of the family.

The exterior has some rust from being kept in an unconditioned garage for the first couple years I had it, but it is still as cold as ever and has outlasted a couple of our "high end" units - knock on wood.

They just dont build 'em to last anymore.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_224349.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	829535

I'll Play!
    Here's mine, soon to be replaced, hopefully.

It woulda vastly expanded what I was able to do here, as my rental fridge is really too small fer even one Cook's needs...

I bought it from a trusted Brother, when they downsized, an went Mobile. Had many a cold beer from it, knew it to be workin fine. Got it home, an DOA. Schnit Happens. Jus ain't dragged it out to th curb, fer th local scrappers to glom onto, yet. gotta git that done. Try again. Life goes on.

Name:	20200410_234813 (Custom).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	829539
    Be safe an well there, alla yall!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 10, 2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember that fridging day you got it home, what a bummer that you weren't able to get it working.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn Bonsey, how long you be hanging onto that carcass?

Meat storage up top, Kegerator down below. Bought used more'n 10 years ago, $40 and a bunch of innovative profanity to fix it last year. Needs more stickers.

Name:	IMG_4933.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	829546

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya might could even mebbe make ya up one them 'Keep Calm' type o sticker/magnet; I see some room fer one lol!

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Or mebbe more profanity!

Mine came with the house. We now use it as the quarantine fridge, all recently purchased foods go in it for a few days, no idea if it helps but it does help me sleep at night so then it helps!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smokenoob; April 11, 2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim White I spent 5 years in your neck of Hog Town, back when it really looked like Hog Town

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovin that signage, Brother I'm very honoured!
      Did ya make a magnetic version? Super cool!

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr. Bones you should be honored, that is a great pit badge! I’ts a tempory, workin on a permanent mag but right no enjoying Easter eve! maybe overjoyin’..

Name:	IMG_20140409_235735.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	829715

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the draft beer on tap.
      Years ago a buddy drilled a hole in the side of the fridge and mounted the tap there, man that draft came out cold.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool risky business going through the side! That's where the coils are. I wanted to do it but decided the risk was too great.

Sadly, we gave our garage freezer away several years ago and so are limited to the freezer space in our kitchen. When our younger daughter graduated from UF, though, I claimed her dorm fridge as my porch beer fridge. That has been usurped to also store sodas for our kids and my wife's students at group dinners, and as you can see, my beer supply is mostly depleted (there are a few indoors, too). The sodas will just sit there until social distancing ends. I approve of the use of the top of the fridge for dog treats, but that dang fly mask for the horse that hates me has gotta move...

Name:	IMG_0940(1).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	829727

Comment

Outdoor kitchen

Name:	lLkPL6rdSXEjqz-W6A5DCjw37cojQjBhT1xhgJfeH49xHaIxaH7atZ5IkV7OCNCAbI-WuO3mixl9rsw1GFIfSIjiV2_9FVgMvoY0-Drx6L864Hlv2XOVScceXNWbzl3loIC-NJEheyhz2Vpux-0KV9r90_sW55n0lAvIW74tO9YwChD__P4oKKtKqdghR86dlFsfN-GliNGWZqu0h2vSK4sPLkbaEyJn9IX2SIxTVlpbah_q9Kscx3VlAfYaFDi
Views:	126
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	829737

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool I buy up all the fire sale singles at the market. They used to be $.99 until recently. Now they aren't as worth it at $1.49.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack I had been doing the same, not picking up as cheap as you were.
        I buy tall boys in pairs 6 or 8 at a time with one wild card I call it something out of my comfort zone.
        Rather have a variety of beers than be hamstrung with one brand.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool I also figure it gives guests a variety to choose from.

Apparently I need to work on properly decorating mine!

Name:	37CFF88B-0C2A-4947-BBF9-1D18B353220C.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	829851Click image for larger version

Name:	C1D0CDAD-F430-4684-A33A-846D962AEE64.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	829850

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        The inside is nicely done (or should I say “stocked”!)

Our humble garage reefer. Next to the free-standing wine cooler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200411_125656.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.94 MB ID:	829872

The more serious meat storage is in the chest freezer (not sure that counts, but here it is):

Name:	IMG_20200411_131250.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	829873
      Last edited by theroc; April 11, 2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Its actually not in the garage because I don't want to walk out there for refills: 1982 Frigidaire converted into a keggerator. There are fridges in the garage but they are 1950s era restoration projects and are not in current use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	beerfridge4.JPG Views:	12 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	829933

Edit: This holds five Cornelius kegs, the type used for dispensing soda pop in restaurants until a decade or two ago. I'm a home brewer and I keep it stocked with beer and session mead as well as a keg of root beer in the summer.
        Last edited by 58limited; April 11, 2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I would vote for you if you ran for President!
          suggested platform: “If I’m elected president, there will be a kegerator in every garage”

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          "A keggerator in every garage, a butt on every pit."

A little better than my previous slogan:

"If I'm elected I promise to maintain the status quo."

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude....now we're talking my kinda language!!!!
          Any rooms for rent????

This is looking sparse as I didn’t want to be accused of hoarding.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Also I’m not sure I’ve had the Sysco. Likely I have. Is that the one that comes in like the 15lbs boxes with a yellow plastic scoop like laundry detergent???

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I was gittin mine from a local restaurant, at cost plus a lil bit, knew th owner. They are 1 gallon, already made, but still some really good stuff. Gallon don't last me too awful long, since I loves me some Ranch!!!!
          Nuthin wrong with some A-1, though I prefer 57. HV's 1938 ain't bad, neither. Don't use steak sauce too often, but I'll dip me steak pieces, burgers, whatever, as I see fit, ain't nobody else gotta eat it!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 12, 2020, 10:27 AM.

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Love me some 57 sauce, won't hardly eat a burger without it.

Comment

Which fridge do you want to see? We have from left to right, the meat/food fridge, the beer and wine fridge, then the 2 tap kegerator, then a second one that has picnic taps inside... waiting on a beer tower for it.

Believe it or not the only one of these I bought were the two little black ones. The big ones were free from folks getting rid of them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	62F44B45-87C7-4527-9350-A1ADD88D9351.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	830120
          Last edited by jfmorris; April 12, 2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Bones yes I am grateful I keep it clean enough to always park the wife’s car in there - it was in there when I took the picture, just out of sight... Little Subaru has 6-8 feet between it and the white fridges. “My” side is too junked up with tools and other ‘stuff’ including a 12 foot table I need to stain and finish, to ever get my Silverado in there. Been here 25 years and been 15-20 since I’ve had 2 cars in the garage.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Hearin on that, Brother! I only have a 1-car grage, in my small duplex, an I'm sittin on quite a bit of my BFF's belongins, until someday, hopefully soon, she's able to come an git it all gone...

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Beervana

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis