Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    great story jfmorris !
    I probably see practice while fishing 10-20 times a year, never gets old. Sometimes I am out in Gulf and they will scream by at about 200’ directly overhead, love it!

• jfmorris
    replied
    I've always enjoyed seeing the Blue Angels practicing from time to time when I've visited Pensacola or even Orange Beach. Very cool sight indeed. I've not been down that way in a few years unfortunately.

That picture of them overhead makes me recall when I was in college in the mid 1980's, and the Thunderbirds (the Air Force flight team) were practicing on Friday for a Saturday air show at Dobbins Air Force Base in Marietta, GA. That base has a main runway that ends a few hundred yards off of US-41, with a flight path crossing the highway. I was on US 41, about a mile from campus, and they flew INVERTED in formation over the highway about 100 feet off the ground. Folks in their cars were looking up, and running into the folks in front of them. I got off the road to avoid getting hit, and had a hamburger at a little restaurant right by the end of the runway, in their flight path, and watched until the traffic died down. It was a good show, and all I paid for was a cheeseburger and fries!
    Last edited by jfmorris; April 9, 2020, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I second that sentiment!

• Hulagn1971
    commented on 's reply
    That is definitely the way to do it. Fresh air and salt water!

• smokin fool
    replied
    Like to see them do that at our local Walmart....what a $#!% show that place is today!!!!

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    Hulagn1971 Thanks, I am fortunate to be retired and have my skiff in the back yard. Makes social distancing bearable right now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Very envious with you being out on the water.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    There would be serious consequences if they didn't go along with that rule!

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    started a topic Physical distancing

Physical distancing

The Blue Angels practicing 6’ physical distancing today!
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis