Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may be interesting to some..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be interesting to some..

Not BBQ related but "anything and everything theme" Someone may find this interesting. Found this recently http://www.worldometers.info - you can watch the world population grow in real time as well as other statistics. You can also google 'worldometer usa' or 'worldometer india' for example to get country specific population growth. Not sure how accurate some of the info is - some is probably estimated like eg: 'world spending on illegal drugs this year' how do they monitor that?

Originally posted by Steve Vojtek View Post
    some is probably estimated like eg: 'world spending on illegal drugs this year' how do they monitor that?
    Yeah, how do they do that?

Comment

Good thing though the ' undernourished people in the world ' is counting backwards ... The number is still pretty high though ..Sad...

Comment

When you look at all the overweight people it becomes clear the world's food problem is a distribution problem and not a production problem.

Comment

Exactly.. In today's day and age it should not be a problem any more..' People with no access to a safe drinking source ' is also counting backwards - but we still have a long way to go... I hope one day every person on earth can enjoy what we enjoy and take for granted... And how do they know I just had a cigarette?

Comment

Always been distribution in the countries themselves. A nun that taught me in elementary school did mission work in Africa, and those in charge (gov't, military) were selling tons of food that was marked "donated by US Government"

Comment

Yes corruption and greed - it's sad that the governments don't care about their own people. And how many of them die trying to cross over to europe - they drown on overloaded boats trying to find a better way of life. And don't get me started on donating - if i knew my money would help i would not hesitate but how much of it is going to reach the people who really need it?

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                You can go to Guidestar.org or CharityNavigator.org to see a charity's ratings, and how much of your donation on average goes to "programs." ALSO, if you put your intent in the memo section of your check, it restricts the use of your check to that program (for example, if you are donating to a military related charity who send care packages to deployed service members, among other programs, and you write care packages in the memo section, that is how your donation must be used), with the exception that they do have the right to take an admin fee for their overhead. So if you find a charity where overhead is 10%, at least 90% of a restricted donation MUST go to that program.
                Last edited by richinlbrg; May 14, 2015, 09:21 AM.

• Steve Vojtek
                Steve Vojtek commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you i'll check it out..

I totally agree with the food distribution issue - but that's hardly sustainable, right? As it stands here in the U.S. it's more of an issue with our relationship with food. It doesn't take "good" food to make you overweight. There are things we can learn from other countries (about eating healthy instead of dieting) and things we can teach them (about production). Maybe Rodney said it best... Why can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Vojtek View Post
                And how do they know I just had a cigarette?
                Google Earth

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis