Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant Employee Relief Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Employee Relief Fund

I came across this in a news story this morning, please share with any affected restaurant employees you may know. It's not a lot of money, but 500 bucks buys a lot of toilet paper. https://rerf.us/

Thanks for this but it’s my understanding that if you have UI benifits you don’t qualify.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. If so then I wonder what the point of it is. Logically, anyone laid off would or should be receiving UI benefits, so I wonder what the reasoning would be to not offer this grant.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at the FAQ's and that does not appear to be the case. https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/application-faqs/

HouseHomey - not according to the application requirements:

Funds will be available for restaurant and foodservice employees who can demonstrate that they:
    • Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year; and
    • Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
    • Have experienced a decrease in needed wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020 that results in a lack of resources to pay for essential expenses; and
    • Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory*; and
    • Are over the age of legal majority in their U.S. state or territory; and
    • Meet other requirements demonstrating financial need as determined by the NRAEF.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey go back and give it another try. One thing I've learned from EI up here in Canada is you will get so far and some question you've answered earlier will come back to bite you.
      I have to get my wife to help me, some of the questions asked and how they are asked/worded give me a headache.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I am fortunate to still technically be employed my a larger corporation with benefits. I will leave this to my brothers and sisters in the industry who are suffering tremendously. Of course if this goes on much longer I likely will be moving in with Jerod Broussard and comparing ex wife’s, all of them.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey got a freezer full of protein! And some gooooood stories/actual accounts, no names omitted in order to expose the guilty.

Been trying to order out through Grubhub and whatnot at least once a week. It's not a lot but it keeps local restaurants chugging along at least a little bit. Feel for my brothers and sisters in the business, the industry is going to have a lot of fallout over this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis