Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for being who you are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for being who you are

I once again was reminded how great the group here is by seeing what happens other places. I was looking for information on the correct way to make an adjustment to my ancient (1980s vintage) compound bow. Manufacturer doesn't know anything about it anymore, so I wandered into a few bow-related forums, and the dismissiveness with which any older bow was treated by the denizens there just made me appreciate the Pitmasters here even more. Thank you.

This is the most people friendly forum I visit. And it seems to be contagious. People with the wrong mind set when they arrive either change or leave...

Comment

Good people here. What kinda bow? It's age and all Inna guess it's an old wheel bow.

Comment

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        Bear Denim, which is a variation on the original Bear Whitetail Hunter.

• Sam6687
        Sam6687 commented
        Editing a comment
        The bear whitetail hunter was my first bow when I started in the mid 80's.

Can you talk to Sophia for me? Maybe I should show her this thread and say “See?”

Maybe today’s the day she doesn’t hate me.

Quarantine Life.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        ….I'll talk to yours if you talk to mine....

I spend way more time here than I probably should, but not nearly as much as I would like. People here even appreciate my Ole & Lena jokes. And tolerate pictures of the stuff I cook.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Bogy I think it's the other way around...we TOLERATE your Ole & Lena jokes and really APPRECIATE the pics of the stuff you cook!

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        JimLinebarger I THINK that makes me feel better!?

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Bogy I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe I should put my mind in quarantine?

I still have an early 90s bow (Martin Cougar Speed Flight) and my dad has a 70s or 80s one. Sorry you couldn't find help. Thank you for the nice words.

Comment

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard that was indeed my assumption.

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        And I get more useful info about the bow here than on the bow forums...

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Dan Deter I used to frequent a major archery forum because I used to help out in an archery shop. I just did it to help people out but it seemed like 99% of the people just went there to argue.

Did I miss your bow question, or did you get it answered? I have a few, including a vintage one...138lb draw that was owned by the PSE gorilla squad for a while.
      Last edited by texastweeter; April 7, 2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        My main bow is a bowtech tribute with 80lb custom limbs and a 30inch draw. I shoot a few Parker's as well.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Shoots 50cal arrows?

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee weigh about the same. Sometimes big hogs, mule deer or elk are hard to get a pass-through on if you hit bone.

This place is such a great getaway from real life. It reminds me so much of the small town life I grew up in where everyone was friendly and neighborly, and there was a sense of community. And, it is a safety valve when life just gets frustrating. I’ve spent a major part of the past few weeks tracking down shipments of medical supplies for several of our local volunteer fire departments, and it is like continually hitting a brick wall. Today I nearly lost it when I learned that a shipment of medical face shields for our paramedics decided to take a walkabout, has passed through our regional mail center twice, and is now sitting hundreds of miles away in Jersey City, NJ of all places. However, I can always hit the Amazing Ribs button and get away from it all at least for a little while. Thanks to all the members who make this place the special place it is.

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Package delivery has been doing crazy things lately. I'm not always sure the tracking ability we have today is such a good thing. We know where our package is...WHAT THE HECK IS IT DOING THERE! AGAIN! My wife had an order that arrived today. Nothing as critical as what you were working with, but she had watched it make a tour of Minnesota, passing through Mason City, Iowa twice (30 miles away), before it finally got in a truck to come to our house.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        One time coming home from deployment, I was stationed in CO. We flew into BWI but they wouldn't let the small handful of us get off and get direct flights to Denver. We then flew to (I think it was) Seattle where a small few got off, then we flew to Vegas where a bunch got off, and then to AZ where a few more got off, and then FINALLY they flew the remaining (less than 10 of us) to CO. Found out later, they had used our small group to meet the chartered flight minimum personnel requirements.

I got so fed up with social media. I still have Instagram but it is a nuisance as well. This is the only forum that I participate in and my go to place whenever I have time. Sure the information is great but everyone here just genuinely cares for one another. Good thread..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis