Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing Cigar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Cigar

I’ve barely lit it, and it’s already amazing ..... A Camacho Toro made with pre-embargo Cuban tobacco.The tobacco was imported to the US in 1962 and has been in a commercial humidor ever since. Camacho bought it a few years ago and made these Toro’s. I was able to pick up 10 of them a couple weeks ago. Having the first one with some Woodford Rye

Click image for larger version

Name:	846D7070-6488-4631-A0D5-FF69F79C5908.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	825716

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FA1DBC5-D22C-4EC5-AB0C-4867C2668D63.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	825717

Jealous!

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

It produces a tremendous amount of smoke! Has a very smooth, deep flavor ..... woody and a bit peppery/spicy, some hints of dirt .... amazing cigar!

Dewesq55 .... I got it from cigar.com

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Geeze I was getting hungry until the hints Of dirt part.

Looks like a grand ol time, Brother!
        Also sounds like an amazin ceegar, enjoy! Dat Woodford's some nice stuff, ime!
        Next time yer swingin a hammer, might wanna move yer thumb, first, but, then, ya probly already know this...
        Cain't count th number of times I've done th same, never have enjoyed th results.
        Be safe an well!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Was repairing a section of fence .... said a few choice words

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I am also shockinly fluent in them words, but scrupulously avoid usin em on th forum, Brother!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check those out. I usually smoke a pipe but I'm always up for a good cigar. I also suspect those are much like yachts. If I have to ask the price I most likely can't afford one.

I've also had a few of those decorated thumbnails over the years. The good news is that whenever I've hit one my ankles quit hurting, for a while.

Comment

Enjoy! My favorite ryes are (roughly in order of least expensive to most): Pikesville, James Pepper 1776 rye, Templeton (the 6 over the 4), Knob Creek Twice Barreled rye, and Peerless. Man you want some great ryes to go with your smokes, snag any of them if you see them. IMO they are far better than Woodford's rye. Of course, I don't smoke so I cannot say how they'd work with a stogie, I only know them standalone.

Comment

Thanks for this, 5 pack on the way. Probably the biggest cigar splurge I've ever done.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll have to see if my local shop has the Oliva V maduro. My go to 'cheap' cigar right now is Drew Estate Java maduro. I like a good whisky but my stomach doesn't so I usually drink port or red wine with my cigars.
              Last edited by 58limited; April 4, 2020, 06:29 PM.

• SmokingSteve
              SmokingSteve commented
              Editing a comment
              58limited you may want to check out www.CigarKing.com in AZ. They ship all over and have an entire warehouse as a Humidor, plus their walk-in retail humidor. Really good people. They have been my go to for years.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Looks like a good selection and decent pricing.

Dang it, you talked me into it too! I'll have to settle for my 'ol Partagas Black Label and a Woodford Reserve in an hour or so, but I'll face North and raise a toast to you just the same.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike that Black Label is a nice one

Amazing tabacco would last that long even in a humidor not that I'm anywhere near an expert on cigars.
            Used to burn a few ropes a year back in the day, now maybe once a year.
            There's an old style tobacco shop in Port Credit, will grab a Cuban every year at the blues festival for a puff for old time sake.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              smokin fool next time I”m in Toronto we’ll have to connect

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              ecowper 10-4 I'm in.
              Till then check out Havana Castle Cigars, they have 5 locations in the GTA.
              Website is: havanacastlecigars.com
              Maybe they will ship unless the US still has an embargo on Cuban goods

I keep all 3 humidor stocked. One aged cigars, one in the $10 range, one all opusx, anejo, ligaprivada, and higher end pardon with a few Cuban puros sprinkled in...i might have a problem...

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife told me that the fact that my cigar supplier has assigned me an account manager means that I have a problem

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Ignore the wife, you have a good cigar supplier.

• cruiseplanner1
              cruiseplanner1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Two humidors, one with the smokes you enjoy and the other to hand out to guests who do not appreciate a good cigar but are smoking with you. My brother always says don't waste a good cigar on me.

For me it’s a nice Ave Maria Lionheart with a cup of good coffee in the morning and a glass of Pendleton 1910 Rye with an ice cube in the evening. Excellent smoke and an outstanding rye (100% Canadian). Enjoy and stay safe...

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll have to snag a few Ave Maria’s .... thanks for reminding me that I like them :-)

A good cup of Green Mountain coffee and a Alec Bradley while trout fishing or the same with a Glenlivet scotch or a Elijah Craig whilst grilling/smoking.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              nothing wrong with those choices at all :-)

• Driverdan
              Driverdan commented
              Editing a comment
              Glenlivet with a cuban Montecristo A

life's too short to smoke bad cigars, drink cheap whisky, or court ugly women.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              A good motto to live by

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen, Brothers!

Have any of you dealt with cigarleisure.com? They list 10 packs for $129.00 with free shipping. Are they reputable?

When I went to place an order the personal info page was hard to fill out: date of birth cannot just be entered, I had to scroll back by month from 4/2020 to 1/1969. I only made it to 2018 before I got irritated and left the page. I then decided to ask if anyone has dealt with them before ordering.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Never heard of them before. I have used Cigar.com and Cigar International and like them both.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              I got my 5 from cigar.com. The price sounded too good to be true, I'll pass. I'll stick with the suppliers that I know and trust. Can't wait to try one but I'll wait for a special occasion.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis