Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's Day Meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinlbrg
    replied
    What it ks all about!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Looks good, more ant pics... The woods look really cool out there.

Leave a comment:

• 1buba
    started a topic Mother's Day Meal

Mother's Day Meal

First, Happy Mother's Day!
    Second, we had a great time (the boy and I) doing it up right for momma and the adult daughters (who are also momma's). Their husbands cooked salads and beans and junk. We had the fun. Two pork butts (about 15#), baked potatos and ABT's (my own take on them anyway).

First, the butts... 18 hours of sitting in the fridge rubbed with Memphis dust (love that rub). Then into the WSM, bottom shelf, with a large load of coals. Went on the fire about 8:15 last evening. We started the fire at 7 to get the coals good and hot, then tweeked the vents until about 11:30p to get the temp set at about 250. The boy got up @ 4am to keep an eye on the fire and temps. Target IT was 203*. In the meantime, about 11am, the baked taters went on the top shelf. They were rubbed in olive oil, a little kosher salt and some Parmesan cheese. They should be ready anytime... The meat came off at 1:30 - temp actually hit 210* by the time we got to them (17.5 hours total). They were VERY difficult to get off the grill, they were falling apart. Taters just came off, at 212*. Finishing the ABT's (sweet peppers instead of jalepenos, cream cheese, cheddar, fried sausage gravel, a little Lawrys and a little garlic powder - they will go on about 3pm for 20 mins. We plan to eat about 4pm. Gonna be a great meal, and great time with family.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis