Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay at Home if You Live in Maryland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay at Home if You Live in Maryland.

Governor Hogan just issued stay at home executive order for Maryland, effective 8 pm tonight. Essential travel only.

I don’t suppose the USPS will let you work from home? Berlin and Ocean City already look like ghost towns, at least in comparison to summer. Stay safe.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have requested to work from home, but so far the answer has been no. (Even though OPM has recommended maximum use of telework.)

We have been in a “Shelter in Place” order in Dallas for 7 days now and will be re-evaluated on April 30.

Comment

• THE Humble Texan
      THE Humble Texan commented
      Editing a comment
      they have issued same in some of the counties in Utah but it doesn't seem to be working. In such areas they ought to mention that if you don't have a marshal's card or permit you need to stay home. (marshal's card or permits are handed out to people by their companies stating said person works for an essential company and NEEDS to go to work.

It has been "suggested" in Va for a while and the Guv'nor just made it an order today...

Comment

We've been under stay-in-place here 7 days thus far, and non-essential businesses closed for 14. Stay Safe!

Comment

More than a few states doing it. Minnesota has been doing it since Saturday. And bars and restaurants closed longer than that. Hang in there.

Comment

Arizona starts tomorrow evening at 6 pm.

Comment

Right now stay at home if you live here:

Comment

Yup, same here...city ordinance started a week ago Monday, statewide governor's order started last Monday at 0001 hours. I been home from work 14 days today, countin weekends. It feels both good to have so much more time, an kinda weird...

As of 22 hrs ago, per LJW (local newspaper),they's 22 confirmed cases here in Douglas county, which by 2018 population estimates is ~121,500 folks...most folks are largely observin CDC recommends, an our lack of population density is also a blessin, I'd reckon...

Be safe an well, yall!

Comment

Lots of lives will be saved. Let's all just lay low and get it over with.

Comment

Be safe over there. We are approaching 2 weeks of lock down here in Cali. Based on his last news conference, I think that our Governor's hair stylist is on the list of essential personnel.
                ​​​​​

Comment

Here in New York. Well I guess I don’t have to tell anyone what’s going on here. I’m 25min outside of the City. My particular county will surpass 3k cases today. I’m off this week,scheduled, but am supposed to go back to work Monday. 😬 I’m considered essential.

Comment

• pknj
                    pknj commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh man, stay safe. I am 12 miles west of NYC and we have been in lockdown mode for almost three weeks. We have had a few deaths in my town. Stay safe and keep away from folks. Mask if you have one.

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fzxdoc and pknj Thanks.
                    I don’t get these idiots are here. Looked like any other “Sunday” stores closed. But plenty of people and cars mulling about. 🤷🏼
                    PK where in Jersey are you?

• pknj
                    pknj commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I live in Essex county. Nice little town and easy commute into the city...when we use to do little things like that. So far, most people have been good about staying home, but some people still let their kids do play dates, sleepovers, etc.

My senior estimator lost two of his in laws a couple of days ago somewhere in Maryland to covid-19.

On a personal note, I've lived through a number of hurricanes and tornadoes that have been very scary and very close calls. But at least I knew they were coming, the tangible effects could quickly be dealt with and then it was over. This thing, this invisible wave, is like nothing I've ever experienced. It's truly frightening. Stay safe people, hunker down time.

Comment

Troutman That’s the scary part Steve. None of us has ever seen anything like this before. And NO one can say when it’s gonna be safe.
                    You be safe brother. 👊👊

Comment

Place of work is down to about 75% as of yesterday. Will probably get incrementally worse for at least 3 more weeks. Luckily we have scheduled maintenance coming on the 18th and lasting through the 26th.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis