Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking on Memorial Day weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you cooking on Memorial Day weekend?

I'm sure there will be a lot of smoking (meat) and grilling going on Memorial Day weekend. I'm just curious of what you will be cooking.

I have friends coming up from Tennessee on that Saturday so I will be doing a couple of pork butts and BB's ribs. Sunday will be a busy busy day. I have a church picnic of 125-150 to cook for (doing 8 butts). Then I got a cousin from Indiana coming down Sunday afternoon to pick up 2 butts, 2 chuck roast and 4 whole chickens...whew! Monday will be a simple day I'm doing some bacon wrap chicken tenders on the stick for the grandkids.

WOW

You have a lot scheduled! When do you return? No idea what we'll do.

BTW, the pork shots and atomic bombs make a tasty bfast, too!

Safe travels!

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      richinlbrg I will return on the Thursday before. Actually the church picnic was suppose to be in July but they decided to change it last week. I bet ABTs was good for breakfast I wouldn't know bc they never last that long😊.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      After the first taste, I made a whole lot!!

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      So, DWCowles, how are you liking your new iron?

Any action pics yet?

I'm cooking about 80 pounds over the weekend for various folks, mostly pork butts but a brisket and a mess of sausage as well. I will have done 300 pounds in May when it's all done which I think will be a record for me.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow thats a lotta meat!!!

We are heading "up north" for Memorial Day weekend. I will be brining my mini-WSM 14.5" and will cook either short ribs or a chuck roast - haven't decided which yet.

Comment

First a USDA PRIME Whole packer on the PBC. Then do some Simon and Garfunkel chicken on the BKK, along with cast iron corn bread, some au gratin potatoes. And of course bacon wrapped poppers filled with Philadelphia's finest cream cheese. I'm sure there will be food being cooked at all times. Last year I had the BKK going all day long and into the night. Just added some fuel towards the end of the day. I also plan to make Meathead's Fancy Salmon recipe. This is one of the my favorites. It always gets great reviews. It's a great snacker to put out for people to graze on, for the short time that it lasts!! I always love making wings too, so I'm sure those will make it onto someones plate at some point. I found a really good Asian plum sauce recipe that everyone loves and is kind of becoming a staple at gatherings.

Smoke On!!

- John

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Next time try the Little Smokey's on the ABTs

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea but what is the ABT? DWCowles

• barney
        barney commented
        Editing a comment
        ABT..atomic buffalo turds (stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon). I also use those little pork/beef smokey sausages with the cheeses.

A whole rack of beef ribs and I'll be doing ABTs for the first time.
      And whatever I feel like experimenting with. I plan on being in the backyard all weekend.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest Don't forget the Little Smokey's on the ABTs

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        DWCowles oh I'm going all out on the TURDS!!

I'm doing a whole hog. First time, wish me luck!

Comment

• barney
        barney commented
        Editing a comment
        Would love to see that !

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Letmebefrank that's what I would love to do someday

• volsmoker
        volsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Git er done! Good luck!

2 racks of beef back ribs in the PBC tomorrow, and probably 3 racks of SLC pork ribs as well. The beef ribs are new for me, so I'm doing homework now.

Comment

I'm at my son's in Dallas. We did both baby-backs and spareribs today on his Weber 26" grill with Meathead's low and slow method. Used a Southern Living receip from their Ulitmate BBQ book. Came out pretty good. Next time I I'll cook a little longer at 250° Rather than the receip's 275°. Sure missed my Big Green Egg.

Comment

I am making ketchup for the second time. First time was a disaster and I am having issues getting it to thicken.

Some meat (TBD) for tomorrow

Comment

First time Chuck Roast on the Weber Kettle

Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Be Safe if Traveling!

--Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              First time Chuck Roast on the Weber Kettle

Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Be Safe if Traveling!

--Ed
              Medusa, love them chuckies, and what's easier than the kettle!! That's good eats. Have a great weekend!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles that would be cool. I drove to Detroit a few weeks ago to hang out with Pit Boss. Kentucky is a bit further lol

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee we will be in Ypsilanti, Mi Tuesday

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles I'm working thru Tues night. Too bad it wasnt a couple weeks from now, we could meet up with you, maybe even Dave too he'll be back around I hear.

Chuckies on the cajunbandit... BBR rub, of course!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I could sho nuff gobble that crap up in a HURRY!!

• volsmoker
                volsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Nom nom nom....

I've got 3 racks of baby backs and 2.5 lbs of sirloin. Will be doing the ribs Last Meal style :-). And then, while the ribs are holding in the oven, will turn that sirloin into Spiedies! Mixed up the marinade and the Memphis Dust today. I've got a fifth of Bulleit Rye, a couple of Montecristo Churchills, and all the makings for Bloody Mary's. I plan to celebrate my fallen comrades in style on Monday.

Comment

Just did some Diner Burgers. Had to work today. Not sure about tomorrow on cooking. Be at church most of the day. Monday I travel to Bryan/College Station until Friday or Saturday for work.

This just in- "Jerk Chicken"
                Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 23, 2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jerod Broussard I made some Jerk marinade this morning and got a whole chicken soaking in it till Monday.

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coolness, I put some soaking last night (breast strips). Going to get some wings and do some with not so long of a soak.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis