Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Spring Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus Spring Cleaning

We are in a “Shelter in Place” order here in place her in Dallas, so I did the Spring Cleaning on the grilling hut. For sure I’ll be staying in place and cooking on March 28 for the Stayinandcookout. Click image for larger version

Name:	5E922106-9FD7-4D76-9E88-0BD5AA1CFB6C.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	820222Click image for larger version

Name:	41ABCAFC-F65C-4BBB-8630-8418828A07A4.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	820221

Awesome set up!! Looks like a good place to shelter up! Thank you for participating in the #stayinandcookout event. It is a great service to everyone.

Keep the smoke rollin'!

Comment

10-4 that is a nice set up, I'm jealous....
      Nice day up here for a change except the grounds so soggy from the snow melt and rain.
      I'll be in for Sat, pork shoulder on the Keg, ribs on the 22" Weber with beer in hand.
      Talked to my sister in Dallas on Sun they were business as usual, all got together for my nieces birthday party.
      This Shelter in Place must be a recent thing.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Went into effect midnight Monday.

Nice "Grilling Hut" LA Pork Butt ! I always knew you had a BGE-----but 2 ?? Nice!

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        It is the MiniMax which is perfect when cooking for two.

Nice. What dimensions did you use, and would you change them after living with it for awhile?

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        It is 8 x 14. I built it from a plans, and wasn’t gifted enough to enlarge it, but I thought about it. My answer would be I would probably make it 14 x 14.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Been thinking about building one and wanted to learn from your experience.

Great setup. Enjoy!

Comment

Get used to it. We’ve been under house arrest for week & they’re callin for another 4 weeks minimum.
        Real nice arrangement! 👍 🕶

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! I call it lock down. I know there is a debate about how serious this thing is, but when I looked up the word pandemic I found a synonym for it was plague. That sounds a lot more serious. In any event being in the high risk category we are trying to cooperate with lockdown.

I have posted some research on the risks of getting coronavirus/covid 19 via grocery shopping and food here:
        https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...d-grill-safety

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like everyone has been staying away from the produce section at the grocery store. I picked up a bunch of fresh produce yesterday. No toilet paper or paper towels in the store but plenty of meat and fresh produce 🤣.

This is an excellent article on food safety and CV, backed with links which is always a good thing:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/...ive-guide.html

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent article.

What is this #stayinandcookout? Didn't know it was a thing. Have 2 racks Duroc pork on the Yoder as we speak!

Comment

Check the post in the Pit by that name.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis