Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Rides? Post your pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Rides? Post your pic

Click image for larger version  Name:	Goldwing.png Views:	35 Size:	758.5 KB ID:	820434Do you ride, or used to ride? Post a pic. Click image for larger version  Name:	2007 Road Glide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.7 KB ID:	820188

My longest trip - 8,000 miles in 17 days.

2018 Gold Wing, 2013 BMW GTL1500, 2007 HD Road Glide, 2004 HD Electraglide, 1999 HD Road King, HD 1997 Road King, 1996 Vulcan 1500, 1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, Kawasaki GPZ100, 1980 Kawasaki LTD750, Kawasaki 400 (2 stroke) Kawasaki 400 4 stroke, Yamaha 1100, Honda 450, Honda 350 chopped, started with a Suzuki 80
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blues1; March 25, 2020, 09:49 PM.

I ride. Here is a pic of mine. BMW S1000RR
    Attached Files

Comment

• Blues1
      Blues1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I rode a BMW 1500 GTL for 3 years. I've ridden one like yours. WOW! It is a screamer!!

Used to. Sold it and used the money to buy an embroidery machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mybikenew1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	820361

Comment

Human powered!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Neris
        Neris commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet Jesus that's a big rear chain ring is that a 3T set up with a single set up on the front. Love the tyre/wheel rim set up with the mavic logos. Very pro

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Neris it is Sram CX1 42T single ring up front SRAM 11-42t in rear cassette. Bike is a Lauf Anywhere built for all terrain and gravel. Can't take credit for the wheels my shop set them up.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the bottle opener. 😜

I love everything to do with motorcycles. All kinds, all places, all of it. I couldn't find any pics of me on the bike, but here is a pic from a recent trip, just North of Jackson Hole on the highway by the Tetons. They were doing road construction, and had us stopped for about 10 minutes. Took a nice pic while I waited.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tetons1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.40 MB ID:	820394

EDIT: Bonus pic just for the fun of it

Name:	2003 RKC.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	820398
      Attached Files
      Last edited by crazytown3; March 25, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Blues1
        Blues1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Road King!

Gotta YhooHoo channel dedicated to my riden.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz_...hsmsjfw/videos

EDIT: And I better see some dang dang subs too!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	12604637_10207424170779239_6124798093619772426_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	344.0 KB ID:	820400
      Last edited by lonnie mac; March 25, 2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Already subbed, long ago, Brother!
        Be safe on Choppa Choppa!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to see you Lon, still think about ya when I'm chomping on a bone at T-Bone Tom's

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Subscribed! Love the Sportsters. That was the first HD I bought new when I was 17, an '86 XL 883.

Crossing the Carpathian Mountains with my wife!!!! 2 days of climbing to the high point...

Click image for larger version  Name:	J&J romania.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	820431

Comment

• TheQuietOne
        TheQuietOne commented
        Editing a comment
        And still smiling!

• Blues1
        Blues1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

One horsepower 🤷‍♀️
      Attached Files

Comment

My favorite mare Sissel, a Norwegian Fjord horse. Don't ride her anymore, but, oh, she and I have had some fun times on the trail. I swear that horse can read my mind.

Name:	With L photo trail class riding2.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	820466

As far as motorcycles go, I rode minibike when when I was in high school, but I bought my first real bike, a turquoise Honda 360, in 1976. (No, you can't count on your fingers to figure out how old I am! Or if you do, I don't wanna hear 'bout it.)

In the very early 80s, I had a sweet bright-red BMW R65 ... for a mere 90 miles ... until a car abruptly turned left in front of me on a residential street and I hit the side of his car. I was banged up some, but the bike's frame was twisted and the insurance company totaled it out.

That was followed by the bike I currently own, a 1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing, purchased in '83. I commuted on it in Kansas City traffic for better part of 7 years. I then put 'er in mothballs to get divorced and go back to grad school. I got her fixed up this past summer and am starting to ride again. Anyone needs a good mechanic, I know a wizard in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

The photo below is of me, hubby Chuck, his Harley trike (behind us), and the front part of my Silverwing (on the left).

I'm bemused by the changes in motorcycles and motorcycle gear over the years I didn't ride. People look at me funny nowadays for riding that lil ol' vintage Honda rather than one of them big rigs that seem to be the norm these days (including Chuck's trike).

But they looked at me funny back in the 70s and 80s for being a woman riding her own bike -- there are LOTS more gals riding today than back then. I never liked being a passenger and, having ridden a few times behind Chuck on his trike in the past year, I'm still not comfortable being a passenger now.

I realize I'm not ever going to get away from being an oddball. As I get older, I'm less and less worried about that. I just smile quietly to myself and do things in my usual gently contrary way -- to heck with fitting in.

Thanks for listening to me muse. Guess I'm in a chattier-than-usual mood tonight.

Name:	2019 october wed night right dees first ride.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	820467

Comment

• Blues1
          Blues1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you've decided to continue to be yourself and NOT worry what everyone else thinks. Be true to yourself. Glad you are safe and riding again with hubby. Riding was always better when my wife would go with me. She was a real trooper. We loved it

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not too up on the mechanics of motorcycles, so you men folk can chat about that. I'm also not one for "iron butt" rides, but I have done a few long trips. I rode that 360 from Ames, Iowa to Colorado one summer. There are some looong stretches in Nebraska where gas stations are few and far between. The Honda got 50 mpg, but had only a 3 gallon tank. I remember the strong prairie winds pushing that bike around the road which was tiring...

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          ...An interesting trip to put it mildly. Shoulda took a hard look at my then-new (now former) husband on that trip and figgered out he wasn't the person I wanted to grow old with. Eventually got that through my head. My second spouse Chuck (the guy in the photo above) has been a real keeper -- we've been together going on 24 years this summer. Even if he does ride a Harley. (But don't tell him I said that!)

No pics right now raced a honda cb400f and a yamaha rz 350, own both of those and ducati 916 ducati 250 triumph 500 (1st bike) triumph 250 honda cl175 suzuki gs 750 honda xl100 I think that's all of them!

Comment

My Cheef.
          He is a 2003 Indian Chief. 180,000 miles on him now and sleeping in the garage for the past 2 years waiting on a 3rd rebuild. I'm hoping to get him sent in one last time and finish my riding days on him. I've tested ridden the new Indians, and even toured a little on some of the big BMWs but this bike and me have so many miles together nothing else kind of feels right.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Blues1
            Blues1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what you mean. There is one bike in particular that I was more comfortable on than any other. No matter what I bought and added to "make it fit" on others, it just wasn't the same. Good for you keeping yours. You may not have been satisfied on anything else. Great bike!

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            The Chhef has a few unique parts on him. The hand shift Is functional. It let's you heel clutch, and hand shift OR hand clutch and toe shift. It was a special made part that only 6 were made because of folks having a hard time using them.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that is a big reason I love that motorcycle. Hand shifting just feels right and natural. It is comfortable.

I don’t ride any more, I haven’t since the mid 80s. But back then there were years my only transportation was my bike, and I rode 24/7/365.

The 1971 BSA 650 was the worst piece of transportation I’ve ever owned. The only good thing about it was that it sounded great. Otherwise it was a wretched piece of crap. I wrecked it.

The Suzuki 500 Titan was a rock. What a great bike. I paid $999 for it new in 1976 and rode it 30000 miles over the next few years. Two stroke twin that did anything I ever asked of it.

​ ​

The 1981 Honda 650 was a damn nice bike, very comfortable and powerful. I rode it until some old guy ran a stop sign and almost hit me, I remember looking down at my left foot pedal and seeing the bumper of that Oldsmobile. I sold it a couple weeks later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0F147DB9-05F1-4062-B370-FAF9DC74E38B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	820482

Those were my bikes, obviously the pics are off the internet. I don’t miss riding, it got to be a PITA eventually; I was riding because I had a bike, not because I wanted to ride.
          Last edited by Mosca; March 25, 2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            good.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I rode it from Pittsburgh to Ithaca NY, somewhere around Binghamton one of the cylinders stopped firing. I found a Triumph shop and they found that the points had slipped (one of them, there was a separate set for each cylinder). They reset them, but it kept happening. Something was stripped, and no parts available. I forget how I took care of that one. Oh: the horn fell off from metal fatigue.

Fun BSA fact: the 650s, both cylinders moved together, not staggered like the Triumphs. It was a big

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            twin single, with the spark staggered 360*.

I made a lot of Iron Butt rides on the Cheef. Longest one was Renton, WA TO Branson Mo. Non stop except for naps. I have the paper work somewhere but the IBA wouldn't accept the time without adding 3 hours because they considered it unsafe. I was younger then and used to going for days without much sleep. I found a kind of backroad coming down from North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska, and made some hellacious time. I dont think he was under 90 thru 3 states except for gas stops, and a lot of the time he was clipping 100. Extra gas in a 3 gallon jerry can in the saddle bags that I had to use a half dozen times.I had some friends tracking me with some kind of GPS tracking device and it freaked all the old Gilroy Indian riders out that were able to see it on some kind of online tracker. I did learn a hard lesson on that trip though. Red Bull and beef jerky for 2 days is a bad idea.

Comment

• Blues1
            Blues1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! That's an accomplishment. I rode 881 miles in one day leaving Srurgis one year. Didn't realize I was that close or would've gone ahead and done it. Oh well, wouldn't have had the gas receipts to prove it anyway.
            YES! Ride it! Don't buy it, park it, buy a tshirt and pretend...

Finally got the legs back in shape to ride without electricity. Did some steep climbs in town Monday night that definitely let you know what level of shape you are in. Plan to ride tomorrow out on the National Forest roads. At 56 pounds it takes the rough riding better than me.

Name:	1585197483333-364166267.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	820543

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that an eBike?

• Blues1
            Blues1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good for you. Not an easy thing to do...

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Old Glory. Yes, peddle assist, however the peddle assist went out late last year and works maybe 1 in 15 rides. I only need it to get back in shape so I installed a throttle to help with that. Still waiting on a part I'm pretty sure is coming from covid-19 headquarters.

2013 Arctic Cat TRV 700 XT, KTM LC4, and a BMW GS1150 Adventure.. Been riding since I was 4yo, raced dirt bikes as a kid. Love riding... and BBQ!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Blues1
            Blues1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like you have it covered

• For-A-Song
            For-A-Song commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta cover all your Bases.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis