Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actual Bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actual Bees

This was one of my most favorite and challenging endeavors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1485.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	819978Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	819977Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	819976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0651.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	819975Click image for larger version

Name:	honeylable.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	819974Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1502.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	819979Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	819980

Nice can you ship that?? Venmo? Zelle?

Comment

That's the beez kneez!

Comment

Good friend of mine is head of the East Texas beekeepers association. Keeps me in stock. Learned a lot about them from him.

Comment

HouseHomey Sorry I sold the country house in 2018 along with the bees....

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            How about that last picture of you in the bee suit. Is that for sale?

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol....The bee suit stayed with the house for the new owners....Sadly they told me last fall all of the bees died.

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of years working all over Kazakhstan. We would crew change in and out, and take R&R in Almaty. I have been all over these Alma-Ata mountains and the apples are just unbelievably delicious. Apples that we never see or even imagine here in the US.
          Bees in these mountains are respected beyond belief. Little kids even work the hives with no protection. Families go generation to generation to generation working the hives. fear of bees is non existant.
          They produce honeys that range in color from almost pure white to literally black, and the flavor differences are amazing. Hell I even got to drinking hot teas over there just to be able to add a different honey to see how it would taste.
          https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...aty-kazakhstan

Comment

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a commuter with Halliburton oilfield Services for 35 years.
            1 month on and one month off to wherever they wanted to send me, and they sent me to some REALLY strange places.
            My nickname in the oilfields was Retro because I kind of specialized in taking old worn out crap and making it work. I kind of took a liking to far off places, and unusual jobs and managed to make a 35 year career in the oilfield without ever a layoff.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            Kazakstan was the one place in 35 years I ever got so far out in the boonies I literally didn't think I was going to find my way home. It is a BIG place so big it is unimaginable. I was so far out that I just kept going and eventually Halliburton caught back up with me. That is a really strange feeling to literally have no one to speak your language with, signs etc are in cyrillic, and a driver who may or may not be taking you where you want to go.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Very cool, Cheef. After cessation of hostilities in th KTO, KSA/Kuwait/Iraq, SWA they held a 'Job Fair' kinda thingy, offerin even th stoopidest Hillbillys amongst us (me) to start at $50,000 USD tax free a year, to stay an work fer ARAMCO. Dayum, dayum good money at th time.
            I told em I jus wanna go home, an hopefully heal up, some.
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 24, 2020, 10:44 PM.

Not braggin, jus tellin ya my bee experiences. Mark, nor me never worn no ppe, jus opened th hive very slowly, incrementally, never used any smoke on em. Ya jus gotta remain extremely calm, immobile, an in a peaceful headspace. Critters can dang well tell when yer not, an respond accordin to their nature.
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 24, 2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis