Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prices on the rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices on the rise

So I was browsing one of those what you need to work from home lists a couple of days ago and I ran across a laptop stand that looked slightly interesting on Amazon. When I first noticed it, it was $48.80, so I dumped it in my shopping cart as I was still thinking about it. I went back and looked at it a minute ago and the price has gone up to $59.99. I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but dang!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cart.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	819295

I've had that happen a couple of times before all this COVID-19 stuff. It is really frustrating when it's something you really do intend to buy!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I have too, but never had an item go up this much in a day or so. Usually it is a couple bucks at the most. I figure lots of people saw that article and orders started pouring in or something.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Try logging out and then go back on line without logging in and see if you get the lower price. That way they don’t have all your search info to use as a basis to up the price.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      LA Pork Butt, if I logout, I won't be able to get back in. I forgot my PW years ago lol.

I notice that all the time with Amazon, don't fret too much it could likely go back down again. There's about a whole year when Weber starter cubes went from $4 to $10 a box, You just never know what and when.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember those at Home Depot for $2.38

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife has Amazon Prime on the home computer. I have never ordered from Amazon on my phone. We can look up the same item from the same vendor and mine is ALWAYS way cheaper. Free delivery and an account = higher prices.

When I was at the meat locker the other day they had increased their prices on 1# frozen ground beef by .50 or $1.00... I don't remember. They also put a 15# limit on certain items.

I talked to the owner on the way out and they are closing 3 extra days this week to try to get caught up with processing. As soon as they would bring the frozen burger out or some other things it was just gone...

Comment

I've noticed Amazon keeps close tabs on a few other sites prices. I've noticed it especially BestBuy, Home Depot, and Northern tool. Amazon's prices go back up the instant these other retailers sale prices expire on an item. I saw it just last week with the Kindling Cracker. Northern Tool had a one day online promotion (or I caught just the last day of the sale) and it ended before I made up my mind. Amazon immediately went up too. I didn't look at the Amazon seller in that case, it could have been Northern Tool. But I have seen them matching Home Depot promos on tools and grills iike BlackStones and BestBuy on about anything they have on sale.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Side note: The Kindling Cracker XL is what I'd recommend. I was going to just get the regular but the XL caught my attention and, like a larger grill, is the better choice for sure FWIW. I love that thing.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I ended up with the King/XL. Works very well. Luckily the Northern Tool in store price was cheaper than online. I already had a couple pieces that probably wouldn't have fit into the regular.

Ran across this article this morning:

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Amazon removes more than 3,900 seller accounts from US store due to 'coronavirus-based price gouging'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ts/2904729001/

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Must have had the feds breathing down their neck.

Kathryn

I notice that prices in my cart will increase if I leave them a few days, just as if Amazon is testing to see how badly I want the stuff. This doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough that I've noticed it.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis