Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Silver Linings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Silver Linings?

So, I'm awakened at 2:30 yesterday morning shaking from the chills, full body ache and a stabbing pain in my right lower abdomen. I reach into the recesses of my mind, blew the dust off of my old paramedic brain and says to myself "Self, I says, something is amiss, methinks" 27 hours later I'm lying here in a med-surg bed sans one appendix.

Everthing went well and I should be home later today. Oh well, the Governor ruined all of my plans anyway.

Truly, the silver lining is that I recognized early that there was something wrong, and even though I didn't want to "be that guy" and burden the ER with some silly abdominal pain, I'm so glad I pushed myself to go. Listen to your body and don't ignore the signs. I have been to many emergency calls with poor outcomes because someone chose to wait or ignore those signs. Man, 2020 isn't using any lube at all!

Wow. I am happy to hear you are ok. Take it easy and don’t be too hard on collette.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Erik, she's off next week and I might be able to drag her out of her studio to make me a sandwich from time to time!

Ohmigosh, CaptainMike , between appendicitis and aspirating some of your lunch that day, you have not had a great few months. Feel better soon!

Kathryn

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Beats choking on a piece of chicken and busting your rib on a chair. Ok, maybe not but that was a funny story.

Good call on your part CaptainMike , glad you're on the mend.

Comment

Glad it came out ok. Take care of yourself during the enforced rest brother!

Comment

This one's for you CaptainMike . Hope you're a GOT fan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramsay Bolton 2020.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	817571

Kathryn

Comment

• au4stree
          au4stree commented
          Editing a comment
          This has to be the best Meme for 2020 I've seen yet.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Bwahahahahaha

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Just stole it!!!

So Cap’n, hows it goin? 🕶

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          One way to lose some weight. Hope you recover quick Capt...

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing fine FireMan. I'm sore where I should be sore and looking forward to breaking out of this joint!

Well, that's one way to comply with the governmental directives. Not the one I would choose! ;-)

Best on a speedy recovery.

Comment

Best Wishes for a good and speedy recovery CaptainMike . I hope you can get back to cooking soon.

Comment

Wow, glad it all worked out well for you. We took my then-7yr old in for abdom pain at 5am and it was nothing, then came the $900 ER bill for tests that showed nothing. Ya just never know but can't ignore those things.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              That was a scenario that ran through my mind. But in my mind a ruptured appendix was the worst case and the cost would have been the least of my worries. Really glad it worked out for your little one.

Did you ask for your appendix back, I'm thinking a beef rub, hot and fast over oak. Jkjkjk. Glad your OK. Had an employee fall out about 4 years ago. His had ruptured. Keep us updated. Prayers for you brother.

Comment

Wow. Take it easy and feel better!

Comment

Get well soon, these days the hospital is the last place you wanna be.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That crossed my mind...

I think this calls for your wife to throw some appendicitis commemorative mugs to go with the new plates.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha, I'll pass that on Don!

I'm glad things are workin' out. Take it easy and don't cook anything heavy...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis