Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you go buy extra charcoal when stocking up on supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you go buy extra charcoal when stocking up on supplies?

I've done a couple of trips to stock up on supplies. I think I could last a long time with the food I have on hand. I'm good for TP in the short term although that's been pretty tough to come by around here. But today I figured I should probably build-up my charcoal supply. I already had quite a few bags of briquettes but I've been buying my lump a bag at a time. So today I got 60 pounds of Rockwood lump.
    Last edited by Attjack; March 16, 2020, 10:47 PM.

I stock up during the Kingsford sales that happen a few times each year. I still have lot of bags in my shed, so I'll just wait until around Memorial Day.

Comment

I too stock up during the big sales on Kingsford. Good to go for now. TP is a whole different situation lol.

Comment

I bought an additional 18 pound bag of Cowboy lump. I have about half an open bag on hand, too. Have at least three weeks' worth of meat in the freezer.

Although I consider myself high risk and won't go into stores, Publix now appears to have online ordering with curbside pickup. I'm assuming in two to three weeks most of the panic mode will be over and it will be possible to get subsistence supplies as needed.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thinking to use delivery since you're high risk. No reason to chance it.

Not planning on this, but two weeks ago a buddy and myself bought a skid of pellet's and split them. 30 bags each.

Comment

I couldn't fit any charcoal bags in my truck. It was over filled toilet paper and face masks.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            So you're the guy! Leave some for the rest of us!

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack 😁

I bought 3 bags of Kingsford Long Burning charcoal last week to try it out. Added to my stock in the garage of various other charcoals, I'm good for a long while.

Kathryn

Comment

• BourBonQ
            BourBonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Interested in the Kingsford LB myself, especially for the PBC. Wonder if it burns a little cooler? Time for a test!

I may go pick up some extra charcoal just so I can rip off pieces of the bags to use for toilet paper.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            https://youtu.be/o2zzpgn2i9k

Alrighty then. 😁😂
            Last edited by Steve B; March 16, 2020, 08:07 PM.

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B I think that shoulda been posted in the favorite music thread. Nice tune!

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Worse comes to worst you can always use the charcoal like a corn cob.... :-P

I still have plenty in my shed. Got 42 bags of Weber from last year when Home Depot had it for $4. Plus about 30 bags of Kingsford I have bought during various sales over the years, a couple bags of Fogo lump and a bag of Kamado Joe lump. Should be good for a while.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn. You could open your own store with that stockpile.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy crud.
            Should have set up my primo there!

I thought I had bought enough to last 'till the next sale, but I'm runnin' short, so I'll pick up some tomorrow...

Comment

Way things are going I may be rubbing my derriere with charcoal

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Charcoal can be therapeutic, it must help down there somehow.

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              Known to reduce odors!

I grabbed two bags at Walmart today.
            I was there and hey why not.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              How could you not?

I did today. More because if the stores close, I don't wanna be without. I am not getting into the hysteria, it only creates more problems. Although, I won't need to go out and buy B&B charcoal for a while. I was ordered to work from home for the next two weeks, so I will be cooking a lot. I still have af ewe bags of FOGO and now 4 bags of B&B. should be good.

Comment

I have one full bag and about 60 pounds of pellets and a fair amount of propane after that I've got firewood and can improvise on the fire pit. I really don't think it will come to that. Like Jim, I figure panic buying is going to run its course.

Comment

I didn't buy extra, but I did buy 4 bags of KBB at Home Depot today. That ought to keep me for a few weeks, since I seem to be coming into some spare time. More worried about beans and bullets than I am about fuel. Sadly most of the people panic buying pasta and canned goods right now will probably end up tossing most of it. People are not rational.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I couldn’t find a chicken leg or a #10 can of tomatoes today to save my life. Was gonna make tomato soup as all the fresh tomatoes were hard and white. Nope, no canned either.

• mnavarre
                  mnavarre commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just went to the store around the corner. No milk, no beans or rice unless you wanted a 20# sack, almost no pasta, no limes. but everybody there was just buying normal stuff. Except for the chick behind me in line with the cart full of pasta and canned food and an almost panicked look on her face like everyone in the store was suddenly going to turn zombie and eat her face.

Weird times, my friend.

• JCGrill
                  JCGrill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brainzzzz

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis