Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone smoke below 225°F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (eclipse)
    replied
    Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    One key is to get water vapor in the air and undere 225 you might not get as much. It condenses on the meat and cools it and extends cooking time.
    I have been trying to hold my Weber kettle around 180 for steaks for the reverse sear. I thought giving them more grill time would help the tenderness/flavor. Never considered to low of temperature might be a waste of time. I will try 225 next time.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    One key is to get water vapor in the air and undere 225 you might not get as much. It condenses on the meat and cools it and extends cooking time.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Common wisdom with pellet grills is to bring the grill to temp and then add the meat. I commonly let the grill come up to 140-150 (on the way to my set point of 225) and put the meat on. That and starting with the meat cold (about 45) gives me plenty of smoke. Too much in fact for beef for my wife's taste, so she won't even let me smoke beef any more!

Leave a comment:

• CurlingDog
    replied
    the smoke setting on the traeger i have will typically run in the 140-150 range pretty easily. I start most of my low and slow meats at this level... ribs, pork butt, various other clods of meat. in the winter, when it's zero ambient, cheeses and nuts.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    ribs and butt, I try to get down to 210 - never below intentionally. Additional smoke and time to break down the tough stuff. I have a LOT of trouble staying that low and usually run 215+

Leave a comment:

• TheCountofQ
    started a topic Anyone smoke below 225°F?

Anyone smoke below 225°F?

If so, on what cuts of meat, and why??

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis