Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hoarding is expanding to the animal realm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hoarding is expanding to the animal realm

So 2 of 3 dogs in this house love squeakers, but also destroy toys very quick. As soon as fluff comes out the toy goes in the trash now. I assume Mr Z figured this out and has begun guarding this pizza. We bought a few more thinking maybe the other dogs could have one... Nope. Threw all these in the hallway and within minutes Mr Z had his hoard piled up like a crazy human and a years supply of TP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0314202229.jpg Views:	9 Size:	4.16 MB ID:	815870

Poor Romy has to deal with her big brother stealing the high value pizza AND her bed.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0315202207a.jpg Views:	9 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	815869
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0315201944.jpg Views:	9 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	815871
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; March 16, 2020, 08:53 AM.

Well. Pizza is awesome.

Comment

Our Husky guts ever fluff filled toy she gets.
      Its hilarious watching her surgically picking out the stitches to get at the fluff.

Comment

• panteracfh3
        panteracfh3 commented
        Editing a comment
        My lab is the same way. Toys don't have a long shelf life in our household

That is cute. Smart dog.

Comment

Beautiful dogs. We pretty quickly went to the unstuffed ones. Being a small dog with a small mouth, she actually likes those better.
        Last edited by Dewesq55; March 16, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I have a couple of small, but determined, dogs who love the rip the squeakers out of their toys, along with the stuffing. We discovered a better brand of toys that hold up much better than what we had before. More expensive, but not really when you consider how less frequently you have to buy them. https://hugglehounds.com/

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            We've tried everything, including all the special made stuff for pitts and other strong chewers. The record in our house before this pizza was 2 hours. So it's been more economical for us to buy many cheap toys that don't last vs expensive ones that also don't. We'll probably still give something a shot from that site. The pizza is only surviving because Mr Z decided it's super high value and even if he doesn't want it, no one else can have it

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. I'm not seeing anything on this site that would last more than 15 minutes at our house. What specific toy are you having luck with? Eyeball, ears, tails and tentacles are the first to go. Only the original Kongs have survived more than a year here, anything rubber or cloth with nubbs will get denubbed, stitches will be unstitched, and squeakers almost always get de-squeaked. These guys are little (12-15lbs each) but husky destructive

Awwww, what cute dogs!

Kathryn

Comment

This is the content we all need.

Comment

My wife goes to the goodwill and buys stuffed toys by the armful. So cheap we don't mind how long they last.

Comment

The only thing my dogs get to play with is a 20 acre farm.

Comment

If I was an animal I'd be hoarding pizza too, along with pizza rolls, extra pepperoni, wait......no comment....

Comment

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those pizza rolls are underrated. Once you deep fry them you’ll never go back.

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HouseHomey Dang what temp, my little fryer maxes at 375

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    325°-350° ours always defrost some before going in the fryer. Make sure you adjust for frozen-ness and bit of your fryer. Fry less or more depending on how cold your oil will get.

That’s hilarious!!

Comment

And then there were 3... Mr Z just brought the sacred pizza outside (we don't allow toys outside, but he was sneaky and got it out while I was leashing up the puppy), someone got too close to it so he pee'd on it. In the trash it went.

On second thought, maybe he only heard pee when I said pizza
                    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; March 16, 2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Apparently you are not wrong ItsAllGoneToTheDogs A friends works are a Pets Mart here in town and they have been slammed for 4 days straight. Very long lines. Everyone working OT to keep up. WOW!!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                        ComfortablyNumb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I heard rumours that the shelves are getting thin for dog food at the local feed store. I got three bags at Costco last month, so it appears I pre-hoarded!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        Editing a comment
                        Sadly I've seen rumors that vets are seeing an influx of people wanting to put their dogs down, and shelters getting abnormal number of surrenders after a few "memes" suggested that your dog can transmit the virus to you. As to pet supplies, I rushed to the pet store and got an extra months worth while everyone else was getting TP. I'll eat random canned stuff or what the local foodbank gives if it comes to it, but my dogs aren't gonna suffer a quality change in diet because humans suck

A stuffed animal dog toy in our house has a shelf life of about 7 seconds before Wyatt destroys it.

We feed him Call of the Wild dog food and last Saturday we managed to grab the last two fifty pound sacks of it at our local pet shop so he's good for a while. Yep, even the pet store shelves are getting thin, I hope people are considering that in their hoarding plans.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis