Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Make Hand Sanitizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Make Hand Sanitizer

In this current situation, It feels like a prisoner who stuck their own house. Before this virus spreading a lot we should need to know lot of things. One of them, How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer?
    This site might help you.
    https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer/

Thanks.

Comment

Wired magazine is awesome.

Comment

Or you can use gojo waterless, or God forbid, dial soap...

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not always logistically convenient to go wash your hands for 20 seconds. Just saying.

We can't get either aloe gel or rubbing alcohol around here. EVERY PLACE is sold out of both.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, this is definitely something that needs to be done ahead of time.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, all of the links in the Wired article lead to places where the ingredients (Isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, glycerol) are Sold Out and not available. Just saying!

Thanks!

Comment

My sister is an industrial chemist and made a batch for our family. I told her to get on it and make 20,000 liters to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahumadora View Post
            My sister is an industrial chemist and made a batch for our family. I told her to get on it and make 20,000 liters to sell.
            I already bought. otherwise, I would told you to send me by courier.

Comment

Here, in bourbon country, several distilleries are using their ethanol to make hand sanitizer instead of booze. And providing it free to hospitals and those on the front lines.

Comment

As head of the chemistry department here, my wife has directed a team to use the last of the ethanol, glycerol and hydrogen peroxide (using the World Health Organization prep) they've been able to round up to make more sanitizer Monday morning. Before classes closed, the undergrad organic lab experiments had all switched over to sanitizer prep, as well. There are strong rumors the campus will close soon, so she's trying to get as much made as possible before then. I think the plan is to take it across campus to the hospital, along with the other gloves and stuff they've been able to round up. Not much on hand of anything, but every little bit helps in a situation like this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis