Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our son bought his first grill today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our son bought his first grill today.

Our son bought his first house in Jan this year. We went to visit in Feb. While there I asked if he planned on getting a grill of any kind. He said yes, but not gas 'cause he likes the flavor of charcoal. (That's my boy... ) I asked what he wanted to get and he said a 22" Kettle. Knowing he has a lot of friends and likes to entertain, I said maybe he should consider the 26" Kettle. He wasn't too sure if he had room for a 26". I talked him into going to a BBQ store in Austin to look. So he called me from the store and still wasn't sure, so I said to get the 26" and I would pay for it. Spending Dad's $$ convinced him, and he is now the proud owner of a 26" Weber Kettle.

That's what fathers do. Hopefully he will invite you over for a cook. To either do the cook or guide him through the cook.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish, but He's in Austin TX and we are just outside of Richmond VA.

“Spending Dad's $$ convinced him...”
    If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been through that “swindle.” LOL
    And it’s the same as yours...”Trust me, I think you’ll be happier with X.” I know part of that comes from not feeling the need to let them have to discover every little thing. I could have saved so much time & money if I had the benefit of an experienced griller when I was their age.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep!

Good kid and great father.
    Awesome. 👊👊

Comment

My son loves to cook and my BBQ. However he has moved around a bunch and even though I have offered the same he hasn’t taken me up on it. I’m going to guilt him with this thread.

Comment

tbob4 and Ron. I should have got a Webber genesis too. 😃 Dads, is that you?

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought you that damn 8 track player for your car which you almost ran into the ground. Nothing more for you!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          tbob4 LMFAO!!!! Bwahahaha

Good work RonB. Both my parents enjoyed cooking and entertaining and I learned from them. My son lives in an apt in Brooklyn so no grilling but he also loves preparing food and making dishes from scratch. We pass the torch down. Cool.

Comment

Gave my daughter & son in law a gas grill for a wedding present. That's what I had at that time. Gave my son a gas smoker, and he had his own charcoal grill. Both of them, with my encouragement, have bought themselves pellet burners, not the ones I would have bought, but they spent their own money. I've offered my other daughter and her wife a grill, but so far they are happy with a small charcoal grill and haven't taken me up on it. They bought a house last year, and I'm pretty sure they will be looking at getting something bigger this year, but I'm also pretty sure that while they might ask for recommendations, they won't ask for money. Thinking about it, I bought my father his first gas grill, a long, long time ago. I was working in a hardware store at the time, and could get a good price on one. I was still living at home, and wanted to cook on one, so it bought it "for them."

Comment

What a good Dad you are, RonB . Every time your son uses that Weber 26er, he'll think of you. Maybe he'll buy a grill for his own son one day.

Kathryn

Comment

Man, that right there is father of the year type of stuff. 😁

Comment

So....does that make you the proud grandpa of a bbq grill ????

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis